Product Manager - Seasonal Gifting
Hours: Full Time or Part Time (minimum of 22.5 hours per week)
Permanent/Fixed Term: Permanent
Reports to: Senior Product Manager - Seasonal
- To support the gifting team in accurately managing and delivering the creative style and vision of SLG under the guidance of the Senior Brand Manager.
- To support the gifting team in accurately managing and delivering the NPD deliverables of various projects under the guidance of the Senior ProductManager.
- Working closely as part of an overall product management team to assist the creative and NPD development process from initial conception through to product delivery on gifting, seasonal and UK exclusive ranges.
- To develop a strong understanding of the full product development cycle to enable smooth 360-degree project management across the gifting portfolio.
- You will also have line management responsibility and mentoring of Junior Product Manager(s) and as part of your role will carry out or arrange all relevant training for your line responsibilities.
Key Tasks and responsibilities:
Concept- Under the guidance of Senior Brand Manager and Senior Product Manager take an active part in the initiation of new design concepts and product ideas. Business case and line list creation and development in line with department vision and brand guidelines. Briefing the design team for initial designs and mock-ups
Innovation- To champion innovation and continuously seek new methods in which to drive innovation and differentiation in category. Building a wide knowledge of supplier capabilities, sourcing and manufacturing methods to optimise the uniqueness of products within your category and be an active contributor to the innovation process. Be trend aware, keeping up to date with regular comp shopping.
Product development- To lead the Product Development process for your projects, delivering products efficiently, cost effectively and in line with quality expectations set by the Senior Brand Manager. Clearly and accurately briefing factories on product requirements using Altido generated RFQ. Briefing art-workers on all packaging and artwork briefs, sending of all artwork and owning the product approval process.
Negotiation- Negotiate confidently to maximise the profitability of products within your category in line with gross profit target of your category.
Project Management- To be fully accountable and responsible for product development timings for your projects, managing lead time to delivery and acting as a conduit between all departments who input in the delivery of NPD. Create and maintain CTP’s, track development timings, providing regular progress updates to Senior Product Manager and Head of Category, highlighting any risks or delays for quick escalation.
Sourcing and Supplier Management- Build and maintain strong working relationships with supply base. Manage day to day communication with all suppliers in matters relating to product development. Ensuring suppliers are following SLG processes Attending factory trials or production where necessary.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Educated to HNC/Degree level
- Experience of packaging print management preferred but not essential
- Previous Product Development experience in cosmetics, toiletries, or fragrance, preferred but not essential.
- Previous Project Management experience.
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel &PowerPoint.
- Previous experience of Product code and Product specification creation preferred.
- Excellent standard of English language
- You will be trend-aware and insightful of competitor activity in your category. Proven experience working with suppliers and design to create products that meet customers briefs and deadlines, whilst hitting key costs and margin requirements.
- Experience of artwork preparation and management preferred but not essential
Key Competency Requirements:
- You will be trend-aware and insightful of competitor activity in your category.
- Methodical and organised
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Capable of thriving in fast paced environments
- Strong team player
- Excellent understanding and passion for the beauty category market
- Product Development
- Project Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'