Responsible for setting a product vision and strategy to accord with overall company goals set by the board of management. To clearly articulate the business value to the product team so they understand the intent behind the new product or product release. The product manager owns the roadmap and must prioritize building what matters most to achieve the strategic goals and initiatives behind the product.
This role provides the deep product expertise needed to lead the organization and make strategic product decisions. They will be working with the 'Business Manager’ to analyse market and competitive conditions, laying out a product vision that is differentiated and delivers unique value important cross-functional leadership — most notably between development, marketing, sales, and support teams.
The Product manager owns the creative process of generating, developing, and curating new ideas. They determine which ideas should be promoted into features to push the product strategy forward — namely those that will achieve key objectives for the product line and business. Such features could be implemented in house, or using selected partner products. To this end, they also ensure that customer feedback and change requests are seamlessly integrated into their product planning and development processes. The Product Manager then communicates the status of ideas back to the customers and business partners.
The product manager prioritizes features by ranking them against the strategic goals and initiatives of the company. This will require making difficult trade-off decisions based on the value that new features will deliver to customers and to the business. The product manager is also responsible for defining the requirements for each feature and the desired user experience. Product managers work closely with the development team on the technical specifications and ensure that those teams have all of the information they need to deliver a complete product to market.
- Define and refine product strategy based on the company vision
- Manage the products from vision, strategy, through roadmap to delivery and ongoing iterations
- Integrate business analytics and operational excellence in every aspect of design and development, and define metrics to measure the success of products.
- Actively engage and communicate clearly with stakeholders at all levels, and particularly in the NHS community
- Manage, coach and motivate Product Owners and Business Analysts
- Understand our customers through analysis, various feedback channels, research and direct interaction
- Contribute to selection of, and commercial terms with, partners/suppliers
- 5+ years of proven track record of successful agile project on-time implementation.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative and commercial environment that operates using agile methodologies.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate deeply technical concepts to non-technical audiences, at all levels and in all mediums from email to written and oral presentations.
- Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships to work effectively in a team environment as well as work independently.
- Must be a good fit for the company culture of a family firm, but have ability to influence change and promote business agility.
- Strong presentation skills and able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, and setting up product demonstrations and company user groups.
Mainly office based, Bodmin and Plymouth but will sometimes be required to attend sites throughout England. The successful candidate will also be expected to attend periodic meetings with the NHS Digital in Leeds. There is a requirement to work to strict deadlines, whether internally or externally imposed. This is a permanent full-time post, Monday to Friday (40 hours)
Starting salary between £45,000 and £50,000 dependent on experience. If you would be interested in learning more please send an up to date CV detailing your skills and experiences.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to provide feedback to each applicant. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please consider that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'