Product Manager - London EC2
Salary: £70,000 to £75,000 p.a.
Benefits include: 25 days holiday with option for 30 days, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Free Gym, Dental Plan, Share Option, Private Medical, Eye care Vouchers, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Long Service Award, Good Maternity leave & Shared Parental leave scheme, Employee Discounts with Dell/Apple/Vodafone and many others and Occupational Health insurance.
Global Research and Publications Company in Central London requires Product Manager / Product Owner for their Medical Education suite of products.
You will be the Product owner, in collaboration with regional teams and customers to collect, validate and prioritize user requirements based on direct customer feedback, validate user insights, input from colleagues and market trends and convert those requirements into customer delighting software. You will also be required to ensure effective execution of individual projects from inception to go to market planning and execution and to collaborate with the team of product managers to ensure consistent and integrated execution across the suite of components.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Engage with customers and stakeholders to elicit requirements.
- Aggregate and integrate requirements to create a single back log of requirements.
- Communicate with stakeholders on a regular basis to validate requirements.
- Create prioritized list of requirements and communicate with stakeholders.
- Maintain and groom backlog to ensure that the prioritization reflects market needs.
Implementation of backlog/product delivery
- Write detailed user stories with acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with development, UX, QA and other teams to ensure the faithful translation of user stories into fully functional software.
- Work with marketing, sales and other relevant functions to ensure that there is an integrated go to market strategy and that the market effort aligns with the product.
- Collate competitive overview of products and services that support the transition of medical students from classroom to clinic.
- Become a go-to thought leader on assessment practice and theory in the medical education arena to ensure that the company is seen as leader in thinking on the delivery of effective learning tools in the classroom to clinic space.
- Attend relevant learning technology conferences with a view to understanding latest developments in learning science as it relates to using text-based learning materials.
Product Management thought leadership
- Exemplify product management best practices.
- Evangelize product management practice to existing team members and where appropriate provide coaching or mentorship in product management practice to other team members.
- Significant experience of product management/market development strategy, preferably in information supply / publishing and/or new media.
- Experience of managing large volumes of content.
- Experience of managing large amounts of consumer products.
- Proven ability to identify market needs, across multiple markets, gaps and barriers and deploy products successfully and quantifiably meet market-oriented goals.
- Evidence of successful new product development innovation expertise and translation of strategy into deliverables.
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience of matrix organizations and managing across the matrix.
- Commercial acumen & financial planning.
- High level of interpersonal skills, awareness of the organization and ability to build positive relationships.
- People management and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Project management.
- Education - A good primary degree (STM-related beneficial) supported by further postgraduate marketing /business qualifications and/or professional qualifications.
- Product Manager