A great opportunity to fast track your career based out of Trowbridge. Innovative, fast pace organisation looking for a Product manager.
This Organisation has been serving other organisations and businesses delivering public services for over 40 years. The simple proposition of bringing together a wide range of products, presenting them in an easy to access way and delivering on a first class service promise is the essence of our Buying Made Easy formula which is so popular with customers.
They currently work with over 25,000 customers from the education, early years and care sectors providing them with all the supplies and services they need to operate on a daily basis. They also have many customers from local government, the emergency services, churches, voluntary groups and charity organisations.
Keyresponibilities for the Product Manager include:
- Lead on delivering multi-platform market leading product presentation of products, content and promotions
- To manage product information, specifications and imagery via a content management system
- Ensure the effective and accurate communication of the applicable products' features and prices
- Working alongside the Category Managers assisting them with managing product lines and implementing new product introduction
- Optimising the online shopping experience of the appropriate ranges and specific products
- Management of the product life cycle, impactful introduction, tracking performance, timely exit including exiting AEO stock and diligent establishment of alternatives and supersessions
- Lead on pagination and page layout for annual catalogues
- To analyse and report on range performance, market performance and customer intelligence
- Support in market led insight activity, to include competitor analysis, customer research and appropriate monitoring of governing bodies and legislation
- Support the Sales Toolkit with relevant and appropriate content
- To provide support to the forecasting process
- Assist in the delivery of the pricing process in line with stated strategy and objectives
- To drive continuous improvement of product management processes and outputs
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder may be required on occasion to perform other duties assigned by the supervisor/manager. This job description is a guide to the duties and responsibilities of the post and is not exhaustive. Subject to the needs of the service, the content of the job description for this post is subject to continuous review.
As this is a development role the successful candidate will be an ambitious person who has just started out on their marketing career or in a role with transferable skills.
A self starter but someone who is inquisitive and keen to learn.
Creativity is important as this is a marketing role, but the successful candidate also needs to be comfortable with the more routine tasks of analysis and range maintenance.
- Graduate preferred (but experience, ability and aptitude are more important)
- Category Management
- Product or General Marketing
- Commercially creative with a strong profit focus
- Strong analytical approach
- Advanced IT skills particularly Excel
- Highly articulate and numerate with an excellent attention to detail
- Outwardly confident personality
- Able to engage and motivate at all levels
- A performance driven self-starter
The successful Product Manager will have:
- Up to £24K
- At least 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Full time
- On-site parking