Capita's Digital and Software Solutions division makes up the second largest software company in the UK. DSS provides software products to a wide variety of customers in the UK and beyond. A new and exciting project in the Financial Services market is in development with the first element launched and we are looking to appoint an experienced Product Manager with FS market experience and knowledge of Social Media systems. Once complete the product will also transition more readily into further market verticals.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced product manager to shape their own role and drive the creation of a market leading product in a new and innovative space and take a key role in the successful development of a true Big Data Intelligence platform. The successful candidate will need to develop an outstanding product by becoming the primary conduit between our clients and the product development function. The role is London based with travel to customer locations and Edinburgh to meet with our development function.
Purpose of Role:
This is a senior product management role within the sales and marketing function responsible for translating customer requirements into product development. This role will need to understand the customer and the development view to ensure the product aligns with market needs. Monatair deals will be up to £ 1m per deal, we have live customers and a strong pipeline of new prospects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Managing the product throughout the Product Lifecycle from conception to withdrawal to ensure maximum return on investment is achieved;
* Being the "sector expert? within the business and understanding customer's current and future requirements and the strengths and weaknesses of competitors' products;
* Playing a key, influential role in defining the product's strategy including prioritising development of the product and enhancement requests;
* Being the principle "knowledge" owner for the sector in question and show clear thought leadership within the market;
* Interacting, with credibility, with customers and Capita staff to understand their needs and concerns and challenge the business with how to meet these requirements;
* Providing leadership in sales opportunities including product demonstrations and articulating product value, roadmap and business case;
* Working with development teams to help them understand requirements, make priority calls and accept deliveries;
* Thinking creatively to solve client problems in collaboration with the development function;
* Owning the product roadmap & clearly articulating this in a sales context;
* Asking hard questions and be demanding of our developers
* Experience in a Product Management leadership role, ideally within an FS and/or retail environment;
* Proven experience of working with Software Development teams with the ability to challenge functionality when needed
* Proven track record in effective Product Management;
* Excellent presentation skills;
* Experience of working in an entrepreneurial, sales led environment where it is all hands to the pump;
* Experience of big data, social media and research highly desired.
* Experience of working with major corporates;
* Strong understanding of technology;
* Strong commercial and risk management acumen;
* Strong understand of the financial services market
* Can do attitude.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, discretionary annual bonus, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next:
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.