We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for a Product Manager within M&G’s Institutional Fixed Income business. You will provide direction and leadership in respect of new product development and the ongoing management of the institutional fixed income product range. This is a wide and diverse product range with a strong focus on alternative assets. Asset classes covered include: corporate bonds, private placements, leveraged finance, direct lending, asset backed securities, distressed debt, infrastructure debt and equity and private equity.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Acting as product sponsor in the development and delivery of new products ensuring that initiatives follow the Product Development and Management process, taking an active position on fund launch Steering Committees and ensuring fund documentation is fit for purpose.
- Leading product management reviews, ensuring that the product range remains fit for purpose in terms of client expectations, pricing, profitability and the prevailing regulatory landscape.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of market and industry trends and regulation and assessing their impact on the existing product set and encouraging product innovation.
- Providing product input into M&G group projects.
- Assisting with the development of product strategy for the Fixed Income business.
What we are looking for:
You must have demonstrable experience within the asset management industry, ideally in a product development / management role. You should have a strong understanding of different fund structures and domiciles including both regulated and unregulated funds with strong knowledge of alternative investment funds. As well as this, you should also be able to demonstrate your knowledge of portfolio management across fixed income and alternative asset classes.
Strong organisational skills are essential for this role, as you will need to be capable of managing multiple initiatives concurrently and prioritising workload appropriately. Excellent communication and analytical skills are also a must. A degree level academic qualification, (or equivalent) is an essential requirement and an IMC/CFA would also be beneficial.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.