Our Client is a well-established travel company based in South West London. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Product Manager to join their busy but friendly team.
Trip Management: To manage specific trips within a set region, responsibilities (in association with Senior Product Manager) to include:
- Planning and scheduling of trip operations, and negotiation and contracting of suppliers
- Production of sales literature - Trip Notes, brochures and website, including specific literature for overseas and third parties
- Training of internal departments (sales, customer operations and marketing
- Monitoring and analysis of competitors for trip costing recommendations (commercial understanding)
- Pro-active communication to marketing and sales for promotion of trips
- To work with ‘Specialist/Group Sales’ in setting up special departures
- Timely delivery of Product to Market in accordance with regional deadlines
- Maintain strict cost control of trip portfolio and ensure commercial gains are made whenever possible
- Pro-active identification and inclusion of Responsible Travel elements of itineraries
Product Development: To follow the brief from Head of product development and/or Senior/Regional Manager to develop existing and new product (itineraries or strands of product) as required. To be pro-active in suggesting developments and improvements.
Brochure Production: Produce completed product (trips) for all brochures and web, in accordance with published deadlines and styles. Ensure attractiveness of relevant sales materials through appropriate image selection and language use.
Aviation: Select airlines and request airline allocations in conjunction with the Senior/Product Manager and internal/sector Aviation resource. Responsibility for seat management and reporting with emphasis on hitting any necessary utilisation targets.
Operational Quality and Duty of Care: Responsibility, in conjunction with Operational Quality (OQ), for all matters of operational quality, safety and duty of care issues within set region.
- Checking and analysis of client Holiday Evaluation Form (HEF) results and leader report forms.
- Writing and updating of Risk Assessments, in conjunction with OQ, for all itineraries within set region.
- Provision of regular feedback to operators/local leaders.
- Decision making, researching and actioning necessary changes driven by feedback.
- Support to Customer Service in dealing with client complaints.
- Monitoring and managing sustainability of products. Championing Responsible Tourism in a set region.
- Ensuring contracting of Operator’s includes assessment of their sustainability credentials and ethos.
Operations: Overall responsibility for planning of trip operation feasibility at time of set up; running of operations in association with appropriate Customer Operations department.
Leader Liaison: Participate in leader briefings and de-briefings. Act as point of contact for leaders whilst abroad.
General Departmental responsibilities: Covering absences and helping other team members during busy periods. Additional duties as and when required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to prioritise and manage workloads on a day to day basis
- Excellent geographical and travel knowledge
- Understanding, and experience in one of following core activities (for example: Polar, Winter, Cycling, Wildlife, Walking & Trekking)
- IT literate (especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word), good attention to detail, strong analytical and creative writing skills, and a willingness to learn
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job