Our client is a global customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 120 countries. In 2013, they topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech company in the UK, and this year was also named the business with the 50th fastest growing profits in the UK. This is the third year that they have also been ranked in the top ten places to work in the UK by the Sunday Times Best Companies list.
They are on a mission to accelerate their clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. They want you to help get us there!
The Product Team
Our client's Technology team's vision is to create Industry leading products in the areas of publishing, customer acquisition, mass channel marketing automation, global consumer scale CRM, petabyte sized analytics, call centres and internal processes. We expect much of their growth to come from great ideas our team members generate, with our collaborative approach accelerating their delivery.
The Product Management Role
Our client has had huge success with its Product management function and it is seen as a key strategic position with the business.
They are now investing in the scaling of a world class Product Management team. We are looking for highly motivated people who can drive the team to become world class, take ownership of numerous internal products and propel them forwards through their strategic approach to problem solving.
This is a perfect role for an ambitious product managers or owners who are looking to make a huge impact in a fast growing company and team.
They're looking for someone who can define, own and lead the product vision for one of 4 product groups. It's an extremely collaborative environment, therefore you'll need to be an effective communicator, able to challenge thinking, validate ideas and prioritise their initiatives into a workable product roadmap and backlog.
Responsibilities of the Product Manager
- Define, own and lead the product vision for one of our 4 product groups
- Communicate with Business Owners, challenge thinking, validate ideas and prioritise their initiatives into a workable product roadmap and backlog
- Deliver, from concept to support, measurable business impact through a dedicated cross-functional agile development team helping to build industry leading products.
- Keep the development team working at capacity with a quality stream of work from the product backlog
- Ensure the product quality is A* by working with QA to establish key metrics, tests and workflows
- Identifying new opportunities within the product
- Help improve the team and product process
Experience of the Product Manager
- Detail oriented with a burning desire to ship software that customers will love
- Passionate about the subject and practice of Product Management
- Able to think in terms of both the technical and the business problem
- Practical experience of agile and lean methodologies.
- Hands on Product Management experience from either an enterprise or consumer software company or top-tier website
- May have experience within finance and/or finance systems
- May have a CSPO/CSPM certification
What Success Looks Like
- Great relationships with Product Owners, Stakeholder, Senior Managers and Developers
- Full capacity of high impact user stories
- Initiatives delivered have a big impact in the business and are viewed as a great success
- Product KPIs are understood by the agile delivery team and business owners. The focus is always on ways to improve these
- The product management team and processes are continually improving
Package for Product Manager:
- £competitive + excellent bonus
- £1000 Training Budget per annum
- Unlimited Book Allowance
- Charity Days
- Free food and fruit throughout the day
- Relaxed, informal culture - no dress code
- Hours 9-5 Monday-Friday - we promote a work/life balance culture
- Monthly companywide lunches
- Gaming and book clubs
- Sports clubs including Football, Running, Volleyball, Yoga and Cycling
- Corporate gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Family First culture
- Regular social nights out
- Trips to Ibiza for all staff on achieving annual targets