Product Manager SAP Business One and Business ByDesign
Job Title: Product Manager - ERP Products including SAP B1, ByD, Concur and an In House Application developed for warehouse / stock management.
Salary: OTE £70,000
Benefits: Bonus, Healthcare, Pension, Discount Shopping Scheme, Free car parking, Casual dress code, Cycle to work scheme, Flexible working policy
Location: Poole, Dorset. Flexible home working available but integrating with the departmental heads and key stakeholders is crucial to the role so a reasonable commute to Poole will be required
Travel: Moderate, UK
Working hours: Typically, Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5.30pm
Holiday: 25 days (excluding Bank Holidays)
A leading provider of IT solutions, providing services to SME’s to sizeable PLC’s, local business to international firms. Born in 1997 with offices in Poole, London, and Manchester, they provide solutions based on leading technologies. They are proud of their excellent partnerships with industry vendors Citrix and Microsoft and are the UK’s number one Gold Partner with SAP (Business One and ByDesign).
Their head office is a state-of-the-art, custom designed technology centre in Poole, which houses many of the professional, experienced, and passionate team of over 100 IT specialists. They have delivered hundreds of solutions across numerous disciplines and sectors, and have a proven track record of providing full life-cycle projects from concept through to implementation.
About the Role
The Product Manager (ERP) owns the go to market ("GTM") process for the ERP products which means planning and coordinating the readiness of all relevant areas of the business in respect of
these product lines. Their responsibility is to ensure the products and services that make up the ERP line of business are commercially viable, taken to market and maintained effectively and
The headline products in the ERP line of business are SAP Business One, SAP Business ByDesign, Codescan & SAP Concur but also includes horizontal and vertical add-on’s from
ISV’s together with the value-added services that are sold to design, implement, manage, and maintain these software solutions.
Reporting to the Products Director and working in close cooperation with other board members and department heads, you will be responsible for the effective GTM of the ERP products with time to market, customer experience, quality of service delivery and economic performance at the heart of the success criteria. The role is office based with occasional travel envisaged to customer and supplier sites. It may require out of hours working both on a pre-arranged and ad-hoc basis.
Duties and responsibilities
1. New ERP product introductions
Identify and create business cases for new products and services that fall under the Applications line of business.
Plan and execute the introduction of new products ensuring all departments affected are prepared for the introduction, including (but not exclusively):
- Project Management
- Internal Systems
2. Existing ERP products
- Maintain supplier partnership statuses and relationships
- Manage the introduction of changes to supplier products and programs through the departments of the business as above.
- Monitor the revenue and EBITDA performance of existing products
- In collaboration with other departments in the business drive improvements to existing product sales and delivery.
- Assist with escalations to suppliers where required.
- Manage the retirement of products that are no longer effective or available.
- Help facilitate the resolution of any problems that occur with products in other departments.
3. In-house Product IP (Codescan)
- Identify product defects and manage them through to fix with the development manager.
- Identify product improvements and work with the development manager to integrate them into the products roadmaps and release cycles.
4. To visit, on occasion, customer and supplier sites or conferences/exhibitions in support of new or existing products.
5. To maintain own records in the company's systems such as project time booking and incidents.
6. To design, create and/or implement other systems and procedures as may be necessary for the general running of the company, generally with a focus on product management.
7. Share experience and knowledge with other members of the company.
8. Keep abreast of trends, techniques and technology as related to the products relevant to the business and implement these where appropriate and within budget.
9. Make recommendations and advise on technologies and techniques that will improve the delivery of future customer projects.
- A high-level blend of both commercial and technical appreciation of ERP
- Managing ERP or similar business software products in a reseller business
- Working closely with commercial teams (sales/marketing/board)
- Working closely with service delivery teams (consultancy/support/software development)
- A strong understanding of software architecture and software ecosystems
- Excellent commercial awareness with a focus on the profitability and ROI of products and services
- Excellent organisational and documentation skills
- Ability to delegate tasks and hold to account management teams and board members along with their team members
- A broad knowledge of the ERP / Business Software market in the UK
- Upkeep of product management systems / resource portals
- Experience of SAP Business One or SAP Business Design in a commercial and/or technical capacity
- Experience of project management in multi-functional environments
- Experience working with an in-house software development team to improve and iterate software products.
For more information or an informal discussion about the role, please contact Paul McQuade at Imperial Technical Recruitment - find us online or via Linked In!
- SAP Business One
- SAP Business Software
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'