Product Manager - London - Excellent Company!
Overall purpose of the job:
- Planning, launching and in-life management of a specific portfolio from strategic planning to tactical activities; ensuring that the product, price, placement and promotion are effective in maximizing revenues and margins.
Key responsibilities for this job:
- Act as the authoritative source for all information about the assigned products.
- Manage the development of product literature, documentation and processes.
- Review and analyze the assigned product portfolio/individual products competitiveness in the market place and value to the company providing regular reports, win/loss analysis and strategic recommendations.
- To analyze the suppliers, people, processes and tools involved in any product and work to develop continual improvements.
- Maintain and develop the Business Plan for the assigned products, including market analysis, competitive analysis, positioning, financial analysis and other areas.
- To evaluate and benchmark product pricing against competitors.
- To carry out detailed analysis of product cost.
- To track product volumes, revenues and gross margin.
- To recommend pricing strategy for individual products and portfolio.
- To assist Pre-sales and Operations in bids where ad-hoc or bespoke product development and pricing may be required.
Placement and Promotion
- To define the Go-To-Market strategy of the product within the different channels with the Marketing and Sales departments.
- To act as the product evangelist, both internally and externally.
- Work with sales to maximize product performance and achieve revenue targets.
- To support and/or deliver necessary training.
- To support the production of marketing and sales materials.
- To support marketing in developing the promotion plan including advertising, PR, direct mail and telemarketing
- To act as a presenter at shows, events and conferences
- Develop ideas for new products and enhancements through research and analysis into market trends, clients, target customers, competitors or other sources.
- Create and maintain the business plan for product development (new or in-life upgrade).
- Agree with the Products Director the product roadmap for all current and proposed services within the assigned portfolio.
- Ensure, through clear requirements and expectation setting, that key internal and external suppliers fully understand requirements for enhancements and new developments and deliver against them.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Preferably demonstrate 2 or more years of Product Management experience in Managed IT Services in the Telecoms or IT industry, including new product launch.
- Detailed product and market knowledge of Managed IT Services (Platform as a Service, Managed Applications, Microsoft based solutions, Managed DBs, IT out-sourcing)
- Able to develop concepts into services based on an understanding of the business requirements.
- Creative individual with a combination of technical vision and commercial acumen.
- A committed individual that understands the urgency required within a fast-moving business and able to prioritize accordingly.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the connectivity services market and its innovations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good relationship building skills
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Good skills with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Managed Services
- Product Manager
- Strategic Planning