Role - Product Manager - Further Education
Location - Cirencester - Flexibility
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Great opportunity within the Further Education Business for a Product Manager
About the role
We are looking for a product manager to define and manage our products for the Further Education space. You will have an understanding of the education market, the needs of our customers and how we meet those needs. This is a role that requires you to be an advocate for our customers and at the same time have the commercial understanding to drive the Capita's Education business forward.
About Capita |Education Software Services
Capita is the clear leader in education management information systems. Indeed, UNIT-e is used by over 180 institutions across the UK. UNIT-e and Advantage combined put the power of your college's MIS into the hands of students, staff, parents and wider stakeholders.
Capita's range of tailored solutions has been specifically developed using a partnership approach with the student experience and return on investment in mind. UNIT-e MIS offers core functionality and services for the entire, and often complex, student journey through your university.
What you will do:
- Discover, create, own and communicate the vision, product strategy and roadmap
- Build an innate understanding of the needs of customers and potential customers
- Define how we meet those needs and which needs provide good commercial opportunities for the business
- Develop and maintain Business Cases - Ensure that there is an appropriate levels of information for the board to make a conclusion as to the viability of initial and continued spend, including: market need, proposed solution, value proposition (by segment), customer and company benefits, market analysis, financials, competition, risks and recommendation (build, acquire, partner)
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products in the market and segment
- Sales and/or promotion - communicate the value proposition of the products to colleagues, develop the tools that support the selling and/or promotion of your products
- Demand generation - Work with Marketing to develop the strategy and the marketing programs that drive demand for your products
- Look for new and future trends in the market and technology, to ensure that your product is leading in field
- Manage the full product lifecycle from inception
- Own the user experience for the product, championing a world class customer experience
Your experience will include:
- Demonstrable years of experience working as a product manager - further educational sector experience beneficial but not critical
- Experience of analysing new markets and succinctly communicating the business opportunities
- Learning agility - the ability to develop an expert understanding of the customer, personas, and the market needs and champion these in the delivery of your products
- Experience partnering and building relationships with stakeholders including engineering, design, sales, marketing and customer success teams
- Strong presentation, organisational and management skills and the ability to work effectively within cross-functional teams in a complex, matrix environment.
- The ability deliver against multiple product strategies
- Creative, analytical and pragmatic -make decisions based on customer research and data
- Creativity and innovation, underpinned by commercial awareness.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- Product Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job