One of the largest growers and suppliers of fresh produce in the UK, is seeking a Product Manager to link the technical needs throughout planning, propagators/growers (UK and Spain) and marketing.
With over 60 years of heritage, this fresh produce business stands at the top of its sector. It has built a reputation for supplying the best quality produce to major retailers by sourcing new seasonal products/varieties on a yearly basis to ensure customer engagement remains at the forefront of their business plan.
To be a successful Product Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of Fresh Produce
- Understanding of all aspects of product flow, from growing through to customer delivery
- A basic knowledge of food safety, pesticide and hygiene legislation
- Knowledge of growing systems and management techniques such as HACCP, BRC, GLOBAL GAP.
- Experience with a company supplying a major retailer within the Fresh Produce sector
As the Product Manager, your duties will be to:
- Provide technical and agronomic support to international propagator and growers to assist in their compliance to customer quality requirements.
- Be the technical link with planning teams, propagators, growers and marketing desks.
- Hold responsibility for the development of new varieties and products to the market place.
- Manage yearly propagation needs to ensure a constant supply of products.
- Develop and manage forecasting models of nursery and fruit to ensure weekly availability leading to forecasting on a 4 week cycle.
- Coordinate trials and display results in a way that delivers improvements year on year.
- Visit propagators and growers (throughout Europe) as necessary.
- Troubleshoot any supplier/customer issues and resolve as necessary.
- Support growers to improve quality and yield of plants throughout the year.
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Administer and implement working practices, risk management, monitoring and enforcement policies in order to secure intellectual property.
- Conduct audits to evidence the compliance to contracts, procedures and adherence to minimum standards.
- Support company initiatives and demonstrate company values at all times.
The successful Product Manager will be rewarded with a salary of between £47,000 - £55,000 plus a car allowance.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job