The Buying and Merchandising division of Exsurgo is recruiting a Product Manager for a global organisation specialising in FMCG/Retail/Foodservice.
This is a great opportunity to join a business working with great brands and fulfilling a very hands-on role where you can develop your experience and grow with the company!
This is a fabulous opportunity to join a global business that is growing rapidly and will offer career progression for the right candidiate!
Based within their head office in West London - this role covers the foodservice side to the business. The role of the Product Manager is for a hands-on entrepreneurial, experienced, and analytical person with diversified experience within the entire product lifecycle. This position will focus on taking new products from the prototype stage to manufacturing and scale up, and launch. They will work directly with technology owners, suppliers and internal stakeholders to activate innovative packaging solutions in the market. Key development and commercialisation activities include pilot and scale-up production tests, development of supportive marketing technical data, quality assessments, and a clean hand-off to internal executional teams at launch. This role requires expertise in packaging and packaging manufacturing, a high bar for quality, strong customer obsession, and a track record of successful product commercialization. They will also possess a proven ability to lead, manage, and influence diverse cross-functional teams. The successful candidate will drive for results, be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and be motivated by a fast-paced start up environment.
You must have:
- BA/BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Package Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or related field
- Master’s degree preferred (MBA, Master of Engineering Management, or other business related field) Type and length of necessary job experience
- 10 years of experience in Foodservice or CPG packaging manufacturing, operations, and/or program management
- Experience with multiple packaging substrates (paper, paperboard, coatings, resins, etc.) and manufacturing methods (thermoforming, extruding, die cutting, folding/gluing, etc.)
- Quick learner and ability to apply technical competency in a hands-on manner
- Familiarity and experience running design of experiment studies and technical troubleshooting based on scientific principles.
- Background with manufacturing methods, process and continuous improvement programs and procedures.
- Program management experience in new product introduction and successfully introduced new products to volume production
If you have all the skills required and are interested in this exciting opportunity then please do apply!
Successful candidates will be contacted about this role and similar roles.
Connect with us. Follow us on Twitter @exsurgo_group or LinkedIn to hear about our other roles and more!