Job Role Summary:
- Responsible for the commercial and operational success of the programme.
- Identify areas for on-going growth based on client research, market analysis and sales/cost projections.
- Source the most suitable overseas suppliers and ensure they understand the specific company requirements.
- Ensure the quality of the product is of the requisite high standard.
- Visit key destinations and suppliers in order to achieve the above.
- Determine the destinations, itineraries and content for the annual brochure and website.
- Negotiate and contract rates and services with suppliers.
- Cost the programme, assist in sourcing and selecting images and write product copy.
- Ensure air and ground allocations are requested, confirmed and loaded on the reservations system.
- Manage and monitor the commercial performance of the product ensuring pricing is competitive and meets business requirements.
- Ensure the Health & Safety policy is adhered to for the product.
- Train Sales Consultants and, in conjunction with the Senior Sales Manager, plan educational visits to ensure comprehensive product knowledge.
- Ensure system product information is uploaded, accurate and up to date.
- Monitor the Foreign Office Advice and take any required action.
- Assist the Customer Services department in the event of any feedback arising from the tours.
- Provide effective Product feedback to the Head of Product and other directors, managers and staff as required.
- Liaise with the Marketing department to assist with promotion of the product.
- Handle the emergency mobile phone on a rota basis.
- Report line to the Head of Product.
Required Experience & Skills
- Well-travelled in Europe and with a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the luxury and cultural travel market.
- Experience in planning, contracting and costing a programme of tours.
- Results driven with the ability to identify appropriate product to support on-going growth.
- Experience of managing the profitability of a programme.
- Experience in organising and managing group and private travel.
- Organised, process driven and able to work to deadlines.
- Articulate with a high standard of written English and attention to detail.
- Computer literate, thorough knowledge of Excel and Word and previous experience of a tour operator system.
- Proactive with an ability to show strategic skills, use initiative and work independently.
- Proven ability to negotiate with outside suppliers and organizations.
- Experience of working within a team and dealing with the needs of different departments.
- Experience of CRS (Galileo preferred).
- negotiation skills