Our Client is a multi-sector speciality distributor of raw materials and chemicals to the UK Manufacturing Industry.
They are now seeking a Product Manager - Chemicals (Inorganics). This position will be office based in Cheshire with occasional travel. It is a full-time permanent role reporting to the Commercial Manager.
- To implement the commercial strategy for inorganic products across both bulk and packed markets.
- To deliver the budgeted volume and margin plans for products as part of the Commercial team.
- To provide relevant and timely communications across the regional sales functions.
- Responsible for the general sales communications with all teams
- Build and develop a product team to include the Commercial Assistants (CA)
- Work closely with the Commercial Manager (CM) to develop and implement sales and marketing plans across customers, industries and regions.
- Support the CM in managing the implementation of all sales strategies relevant to their product portfolio.
- Provide positive input into the commercial review process covering products, customers, suppliers and supply security.
- Develop and maintain up to date market / competitor knowledge to assist in effective tactical/strategic price and margin management.
- Provide regular reports on budgeted customer performance by product along with actions to remedy any shortfalls.
- Develop and maintain the ability to extract and interpret CRM data and remain up to date.
- Work alongside the CM to get involved in new and existing supplier agreements.
- Coordinate and support the training of Sales teams through involvement with the CM and harnessing the capabilities of the CA’s
- Work closely with Inorganics sales and key accounts and office sales personnel to retain the focus on the products and ensure effective implementation of the growth plans.
- Contribute to ensuring that the commercial KPI’s are exceeded / met.
- Key involvement in the preparation of the products reviews and annual budget
- Where necessary provide guidance and support to the operational teams involving service delivery.
- Ensure the consistent implementation of all company reports, policies and procedures.
- Liaise closely with the technical experts regarding the product
- Coordinate and work effectively as part of the Inorganics Commercial and Business teams
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree (or equivalent) in a Business, Chemical or Technical related subject
- Knowledge of the commodity chemicals markets
- Commodity based sales knowledge
- Business / Sales management experience
- Regulatory experience (desirable)
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers through effective communication
- Effective team management skills
- Confident with excellent communication skills
- Strong motivation to work as part of a team and understand internal objectives
- Ability to think and plan strategically as well as tactically
- Have the drive and presence to motivate within a matrix structure
- You must be very organised with a structured approach to problem solving
- Able to effectively use systems and understand process requirements / implications
- Full UK driving licence
In return our client is offering a competitive basic salary for the successful Candidate plus a car, bonus and benefits.
To apply for the above position, please send your C.V and a covering letter to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd.
- Chemical Sales
- Product Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"