To support the Substrates product offering and support both the development of, and ongoing execution of the product line strategy to drive profitable growth. Role scope includes contribution towards strategic planning, oversight of marketing plans, Roadmap Development and prioritization, competitor / market analysis and proposition development.
The role holder will work effectively with cross-functional teams to create targeted value propositions and go to market plans with specific focus on market definition, distribution strategy, pricing, positioning, and customer personas that differentiate the company.
Able to both influence and drive activity across the organization, the Product Line Manager will work with key stakeholders to ensure Substrates product performance is in line with operational and financial objectives and KPIs, supporting the Product Marketing Manager and Product Marketing Director with "product business reviews" as directed.
- Be fully conversant with latest market research including the ongoing analysis of market changes, customer and competitor activities and competing Substrates product developments relevant to our product offering.
- Collate, analyses and draw insights from the research to inform strategy, roadmap and product decisions
Product Strategy & Roadmap
- Support the development of the product strategy (markets, product roadmap and technology, channels and partners).
- Based on market insight, develop and evolve the product proposition and roadmap to create competitive advantage
- Develop strategic supplier & partner relationships to enhance the market offerings of the Substrates portfolio working closely with key stakeholders in Customer & Commercial and Delivery.
- Set clear market and business-driven priorities to optimise roadmap against available development capability and capacity
- Develop business cases for new product development projects including financial evaluations, competitive and market analyses, customer needs, partner solution integration, critical success factors, sales justifications, and other business case components.
- Work with finance and commercial teams to ensure Substrates pricing points are correct and integrated into the system.
- Work with Pre-sales and key partners to support Commercial and Sales tenders and bids. Analyse tenders, understand customer product requirements and based on roadmap priorities & development capabilities, define the product requirements response.
- Work with the Marketing team to ensure Sales teams are effectively skilled and knowledgeable about product features, benefits and commercials through close working relationships, training, demos and product collateral as required.
- Support the Product Marketing Manager and Product Marketing Director in steering the business to achieve the P&L and contribution margins for the Substrates product line.
- Proactively manage stakeholders within the R&D team, Commercial department, Sales and Supply Chain teams, to ensure collaboration in achieving desired results.
- Provide consultancy and support to other Product Line Managers so that, where appropriate, products complement each other in combined product and service offerings.
- Support the behaviour of working as One, sharing best practice and collaborating with colleagues outside of own sphere of business.
- Always act and behave in a way compliant with all company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct, as it is through living our values that we strengthen the culture of our business, and demonstrate our understanding of our Code of Business Principles.
- Our organisation values are:
- Act with integrity
- Drive change & Innovate
- Take Responsibility
- Excel in what we do
If you feel you have the right background for this opportunity and you'd like to progress your application, then please click the apply button below and a member of our resource team will be in contact soon.
- Product Management
- Product Manager