JOB TITLE: Product Expert SALARY: £20,000
LOCATION: Northolt, Middlesex
• Deliver excellent customer service that exceeds all customer’s expectations
• Approaching customers and ensuring that they are dealt with efficiently, courteously and as promptly as possible.
• Dealing with customers’ orders and queries in a confident, efficient and professional manner
• Comprehensive product knowledge (enabling alternatives to be suggested to customers and expert advice given)
• Wherever possible, identifying improvements to processes to enhance customer service, reduce costs, improve margin etc.
• Matching the needs of the customer to the best product available, remembering ironmongery, upselling and stock levels!
• Ensuring all deliveries are checked off accurately, promptly and that relevant paperwork is passed on efficiently and quickly.
• Resolving any customer issues/enquiries to a satisfactory conclusion.
• Keeping paperwork precise and clear so that tasks may be followed by colleagues (particularly whoever is covering for your day off).
• Create effective, up-to-date displays in the showroom, ensuring that all products are clearly coded, priced and kept clean and well presented.
• Ensure specific customer requirements (e.g. glass, rebating etc.) are processed efficiently, promptly and to meet delivery promise
• Ensure all promises made to customers are realistic, achievable and are completed
• Be prepared to deputise effectively in the absence of the Retail Manager or Assistant Manager
• Keep a customer friendly, working environment and follow the clear-desk policy at the end of each day
• Prepare and assist with stocktakes adhering to Company procedure
• Supplied company uniform to be worn at all times and kept neat, clean and presentable, ensuring work wear and appearance standards are adhered to
• Assist with the training and development of all new recruits
• Report any Health and Safety issues to your line manager
• Take on any reasonable ad hoc duties to ensure the smooth running of The Company