Masonite UK is a true door category leader combining the experience and craft of four leading door manufacturing brands, Premdor, Solidor, Door-Stop International and National Hickman Industries. Offering comprehensive and compelling product portfolios that provide the perfect door solution for every opening, from creating beautiful homes to defining world-class commercial spaces and everything in between.
We are currently recruiting for a newly created position of Product Engineer. We have several exciting product engineer opportunities. These roles have the potential for the successful candidate to have ownership and empowerment to lead and deliver their own projects. This is an opportunity to have a real impact into the development of new and existing products. The roles will work across the group but will focus in on three sectors: Interior doors, Exteriors doors and Fire doors.
Our Product Engineer Perks and Benefits are:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Healthcare cash plan
Product Engineer Overview
In this role you will collaborate closely with appropriate Product Management and Technical functions, as well as leading development and new product innovation projects across Masonite. You will also work on projects that look to refine and evaluate existing door and service offerings.
In this position you will control a number of product ranges and be responsible for the documentation of the product including technical drawings, specifications, material specifications, CAD and technical drawings, designing for manufacture, testing and certification of your product ranges, constructing BOM information, product specification matrices, training materials, technical documentation and technical drafting for supporting product documentation. You will ensure the timely completion of projects including testing and certification schedule for a specific product group.
- A background in product design / product engineering is essential and demonstration of degree level qualification and / or experience in a related discipline
- A background and proven track record in bringing product from initial brief, through all the stages of product development, testing and certification, and bringing product to manufacture and the market would be useful
- Knowledge of architectural ironmongery
- A knowledge of production processes, lean manufacture, production planning and manufacturing capability
- Detailed knowledge of the test and certification standards and protocol associated with the specific product group
- A broad understanding of timber-based material property science and evaluation
- Project and team leadership skills
- An outgoing personality that demonstrates leadership and a high level of personal and professional integrity qualities and behaviours.
- A fantastic communicator - someone who is prepared to have their voice heard in a group of vocal people
- A pragmatic thinker, one who can deal with numerous projects or activities at once in a quickly changing working environment
- Someone that is familiar with designing realistic solutions for large joinery scale manufacture
- Someone who is au-fait with product testing protocols and certification frameworks relating to joinery products or relevant disciplines. (Fire, Security, Weather performance, Acoustics, Smoke leakage, Durability, Glass etc)
- High level of attention to detail and technically accuracy
- Previous experience of material specification, technical documentation drafting, technical drawing and design detailing would be useful
- Someone who has experience of relevant joinery product disciplines including thermal evaluation, fire testing, security testing, durability and stability performance of timber products, relevant ironmongery testing and standards
- Ability to use Word, PP, AutoCAD and Excel or associated programs to a high standard
- Technical documentation and drafting abilities
- Recent portfolio of work to demonstrate different skills and competencies
- Accountable and flexible
- Integrity under pressure
- An innovator
At Masonite, we believe a door is more than just a door; and we also know that the employees who build our doors are more than just employees, they work in environments that promote a culture of creativity, collaboration, adaptability and integrity based on a strong commitment to our vision.
In 1924, William Mason did not change the industry when he created Masonite, he created a new one, one that transformed waste into worth and materials into what matters. That revolution is part of Masonite, it is how we are changing the way people think about doors and making everyone see that doors are not about keeping people out, they are about letting people in. At Masonite, we keep our doors open to new perspectives, new voices, and new opportunities. We break down barriers and we help people walk through walls.
No agencies please, we do have our own Internal Talent Acquisition team.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'