We are looking for a Product Development Test Engineer at our state of the art Bournemouth, UK facility. You will play a crucial role in our Sensors and Controls group supporting our Project Engineers in testing our flight critical products to ensure they are fit for purpose.
You will look after the whole of the test plan for any projects you are working on. This means organising tests both in house or externally. You will set up the test, run it, or work with our subcontract test houses to run the tests to meet our project schedules. You will create test reports and potentially liaise with our customers directly on their test requirements.
You wil have previous experience in testing complex products within a manufacturing environment. You will need to be organised to ensure the test plans run effectively and on time. Someone who is not afraid to get their hands dirty will do well in this role as you will spend your time between the Engineering office with the Project Engineers and the Test Lab/Houses and Shop Floor.
This is your opportunity to join a global and growing organisation making products that are at the cutting edge of technology.
- Support Engineering team for all test requirements.
- Support Customer Technical design reviews as necessary.
- Liaise with Sub-contract test houses as necessary.
- Support complex proposals.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Background in a test environment, skilled in use of lab test equipment (electrical and mechanical).
- Minimum HNC in an Engineering Discipline or equivalent.
- Experienced in design of test fixtures not essential, but would be beneficial.
- Hands on Engineer -- Experienced in prototyping / Engineering risk mitigation testing / Providing new concepts and ideas.
- Experience of Environmental standards would be useful.
- Well versed in MS Office and producing documents of technical nature.
- Experience writing test specifications and test reports
- Plan and adhere to own test schedules.
- Flexible to travel when required.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'