1 Year industrial work placement in Product Development starting in June 2018
Working as part of the Product Development team to help develop new and modify existing products in line with written briefs.Main responsibilities
The role may include the following accountabilities while under supervision of the Product Development team
- Build a relationship with customer through relevant communication on product developments to ensure the critical path milestones are met
- Ensure that products meet agreed nutritional and organoleptic requirements for the customer and company
- Liaise with Account Managers to ensure that all products meet margin and contribution aspirations
- Present new products and upgrades to the Product Development Manager in a professional manner demonstrating your food and process knowledge and expertise
- Work alongside the Chef to translate recipes into viable commercial products
- Source and verify the feasibility of new raw ingredients within Greencore specifications and approved suppliers
- Benchmark products regularly to gain awareness of the market for a competitive advantage
- Write cooking instructions in line with customer and safety requirements to meet external retailer best practice
- Contribute to idea generation within the team to maximise competitor advantage
- Works with manufacturing team to verify feasibility of products going into manufacturing environment
- Working towards a Food Science, Food Nutrition or Food Technology degree or similar
- A passion for food
- Analytical and numerate
- Good communication skills
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.
One of the Five Reasons for joining Greencore in this role is;
- Our people are passionate about our business and we enjoy what they do. We are also committed to make our business and a supportive and diverse place to work.