Our rapidly expanding client is a successful medical device business and due to growth and investment, is looking to recruit an experienced R&D Product Development Scientist.
You will be reporting into the R&D Senior Development Chemist/Senior Product Development Scientist
Job Summary: To perform activities supporting the research, design, development and validation of new products.
Job location: Skipton
To lead and support activities in the R&D team that will further research, design, develop or validate new products, or help to deliver respective projects.
The role may from time to time require supporting other on site functions including but not limited to operations, quality and regulatory.
- Support early stage projects with an emphasis on:
- Technical development of concept
- Formation of business case
- Projected timelines/costs
- Potentially lead later stage development or delivery of key projects, including:
- Lead raw material sourcing and selection activities
- Lead machine trials & optimisation
- Lead laboratory investigations into performance of the product
- Provide support under the direction of others in activities such as:
- Raw material selection
- Root cause analysis
- Machine trials
- To support the day to day running of the R&D laboratory by:
- Working in a quality compliant manner
- Recording experiment and trial results and observations
- Maintaining equipment and cleanliness in the workspace
- Consider H&S implications of working environment
- Regular communication with wider team on progress to deliverables
- To provide occasional quality compliance support in areas such as:
- Internal audits
- Finished product testing
- Bachelors or Equivalent undergraduate qualification in a relevant field (e.g. biomedical, pharma, chemistry, materials, physics)
- 3 years prior experience in and R&D/Laboratory setting
- Knowledge of working in a medical device/adjacent technology area
- Knowledge of appropriate standards & design control
- Microsoft office/project literate
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'