A great opportunity for an antibody Product Development Researcher to join the New Products team in Bio-Rad Kidlington.
Your new position:
In this office based role, you will identify and source new immunological products and accessory reagents required to develop Bio-Rad antibodies portfolio consistent with Marketing focus and the needs of Bio-Rad LSG division.
- Sourcing of potential new products to fit in with current Marketing focus areas through the establishment of business relationships with both academic and commercial suppliers, and WWW searches.
- Introduction of new products into catalogue range including data entry tasks, project tracking throughout the new product development (NPD) process in accordance with internal quality assurance (QA) requirements, and the compilation of both internal and customer-facing product-related documentation with reference to company style guides and compliance.
- Meeting with suppliers/attending external meetings/conferences. Attending internal portfolio team meetings to discuss product development, including regular contact with the portfolio team Product Manager and the compilation and presentation of new project proposals, to assist with decision making process.
- Identification and further development of key reagents, and product ranges, including image and data sourcing, recommendations for new conjugates, species cross-reactivity testing and new sizes.
- Maintaining up to date information in relation to designated relabel suppliers, and to inform Product Managers of new opportunities and problematic products, for which sourcing of replacement may be required.
- Background knowledge of products through the reading of references and contact with suppliers and Technology Transfer groups.
How you will succeed:
- You will be educated to MSc in Immunology or related discipline. PhD advantageous.
- Scientific knowledge of immunology and antibody-based applications including flow cytometry, IHC, western blotting and ELISA.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to establish and maintain working relationships with suppliers. Ability to assess value/commercial viability of new products, and to work on projects both independently and in collaboration with Marketing within the Bio-Rad antibody team and the wider Bio-Rad.
- Two years post-graduate experience in the biotechnology industry.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Gmail and G Suite. MS Access advantageous.
This role is office based 9.00 - 17.00 - 5 days a week
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension matched up to 8%
- Bupa cover extended to family
- Life insurance
- Income protection
- 25 days holiday including extra day for Birthdays
- Free onsite parking
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad has a portfolio in excess of 11,000 antibodies and associated reagents, which are sold in over 55 countries world-wide, through both direct sales and via a network of global distributors. The portfolio business is complemented with a leading range of custom antibody manufacture and generation services, including recombinant monoclonal antibodies produced via Bio-Rad’sHuCAL® technology.
The antibody business is headquartered in Kidlington, near Oxford, England, along with its main production facilities.
If you live over 50 miles from Kidlington in Oxfordshire please indicate if you wish to relocate or commute in your cover letter.
If you are interested in this role, click 'Apply’ with an updated CV and cover letter.
All applicants must be fully eligible to work in the UK
*Bio-Rad does not accept agency CVs, unless the agency has been authorised by a Bio-Rad Recruitment Specialist. We have a zero tolerance policy therefore we will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
- Communication Skills
- Microsoft Office
- Flow Cytometry
- Western Blotting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job