Assistant Packaging Development Manager
12 month contract
My Suffolk based food manufacturing client currently have a vacancy within their packaging team, and are looking for someone who has good skills and experience within different types of packaging used within the food industry, and with an excellent understanding of recyclability and sustainability methods.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Good knowledge of key materials, supply chains & manufacturing processes through conducting trials & regular contact with suppliers, procurement & SUs
- Identify & develop new products/technologies based on an awareness of manufacturing feasibility & consumer strategy fit
- Understand the cost / value equation & apply it in pack solution finding
- Ensure pack sustainability is given a high priority when discovering new packaging or renovating existing systems.
- Build & maintain strong relationships with colleagues in R&D & other functions
- Technical project management of straightforward NPD & EPD projects (e.g. switching from non-recyclable to recyclable materials) in accordance with the agreed procedures to ensure successful and timely delivery of the projects
- Maintain awareness of competitor & supplier activity, review competitor products & propose routes for maintaining competitive advantage
- Generate accurate technical data
- Ensure all necessary trials are completed satisfactorily and documented, reference samples stored & risks communicated.
Skills and Qualifications required for the role:
- Science Degree – e.g., Food Science, polymer chemistry or experience in FMCG product development
- Packaging raw material, and pack design & development experience
- Understanding of consumer & customer requirements
- Knowledge of local & European food packaging / product labelling regulations
- Project Management and Delivery – manage project resource and track progress against milestones, managing and mitigating risks on the way
- Building and improving specifications – write ingredient specifications and obtain approval from suppliers
- Delivering Quality to the consumer and customer – create clear specifications and technical briefs to define the key elements of a product that ensure consumer and customer expectation for quality is met
- Communicate results, conclusions and reasoning
If this sounds like a role which you would like to apply for and you possess the required skills and experiences, then please follow the link to apply.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'