Product Development Manager
- To project manage the successful product development of private label and licensed cosmetics, toiletries, fragrance, and lifestyle accessories for global retail accounts
- To uphold the product development process with a focus on delivering products efficiently, cost effectively and in line with quality expectations and design direction.
- Product Development - responsibility for the successful development of new and existing product ranges from initial supplier brief through to customer delivery within the expected timeframe, to the required quality level and meeting internal financial KPI’s for the project
- Project Management - responsibility for ensuring that the correct documented processes and procedures are followed for all elements of the project in the areas of:
- Critical path management: for each project, to work with the Account Manager to create and maintain a critical path to ensure the project is delivered on time and report on any deviations, which could impact on the delivery of the final project.
- Profitability: work with the appropriate account management to ensure profitability of all ranges through aggressive price negotiation both with suppliers and a thorough approach to cost management
- Compliance: liaise with the R&D, Technical and Quality Teams to ensure compliance with current legislation and individual customer requirements in respect of formulation and on pack communication.
- Specifications/BOMs: ensure full and accurate product specifications/BOMs are generated for use by suppliers, the SLG Far East and Quality Teams
- Approvals: responsible for final approval of product samples and suggesting any amendments with a commercial approach
- Information management - ensure accurate progress notes are maintained
- Supply Resources - to work closely with colleagues across the whole business on the identification and qualification of new supply resources, including driving efficiencies and performance, ongoing analysis of supplier potential and co-ordination of supplier auditing
- Continuous Improvement - to work closely with colleagues across the whole business in development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives. Too support customer service and enhance innovation, quality and reliability as well as cost and lead-time reduction
- Teamwork - to support the development of junior colleagues by offering mentoring and support when required. To work closely with the Senior Product Development Managers and Head of Product Development to achieve overall company objectives.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent
- Proven product development experience, ideally in cosmetics, toiletries and/or FMCG
- Previous project management experience, particularly critical time path and cost management
- Previous experience of development of products and/or packaging with a Far East supply base
- Mathematically astute with good standard of English language
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of cosmetics technical compliance and current cosmetics legislation, desirable not essential
Key Competency Requirements:
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Methodical and organised
- Strong sense of commercial awareness
- Inquisitive thinker with good problem solving and decision making skills
- Capable of thriving in a fast paced environment
- Ability to influence and lead
- Strong team player
- Competent and confident in communicating and managing key stakeholders
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job