Our client is a food manufacturer who supplies their well-known products throughout the UK and Internationally.
They are seeking a Product Development Manager to provide professional technological management service for a comprehensive range of existing and new products in process development programmes central to the ongoing direction and success of their company.
• Ensure that all technical documentation is kept up to date, accurate and "audit ready" at all times.
• Ensure all PD Department activities relating to NPD, EPD and process improvement projects are delivered to agreed timelines.
• Develop, review and report PD KPIs; identify and implement improvements to reduce development leadtimes and increase "1st production success rates".
• Develop new products which are safe, legal and good quality from concept stage through full factory scale on line production to delivery to the customer/consumer.
• Work closely with sales and marketing to develop and interpret new product briefs and initiate costings.
• Investigate effect of new/alternative raw materials, packaging and processes to achieve improvement of product quality and/or cost reduction.
• Manage the "Trials Process" to ensure that each trial achieves its objective with the minimum disruption to Production.
• Provide expert comment and guidance to Senior Management on legislative aspects of products, materials and their packaging.
• Provide expert comment and response to T.S.O. and E.H.O. and other regulatory bodies.
• Preparation of technical detail for product specification (i.e. recipe, size, quality and packaging etc).
• Provide all necessary new product development samples as required to meet, tasting, photographic, stability and promotional demand.
• Be a member of the HACCP Team.
• Establish shelf life of company products.
• Provide troubleshooting support to Production to resolve production issues
• Manage departmental budget
• Regularly attend relevant conferences and seminars, and maintain close links with suppliers, to keep abreast of food trends, ingredient and packaging developments.
• Maintain awareness of all relevant UK legislation, food safety issues, legislative, technical and scientific developments and industry codes of practice. Be aware of key international market requirements.
• Degree or post graduate qualification in food science or food technology (or similar).
• Team management experience.
• Potential to progress knowledge into broader operations/quality roles.
• Commercial awareness in terms of ingredients, quantities and packaging.
• Innovative and creative approach to work.
• Ability to work well using own initiative.
• Organisational and time management skills.
• Good administrative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
• Business Awareness.
• Conceptual thinking.
• Customer focus.
• Analytical thinking.
• Impact & influence/interpersonal skills.
• Team working/collaborative work style.
• Team leadership.
• Manages performance.
• Develops others.
What’s on offer?
• A competitive salary.
• Defined contribution pension.
• Life assurance.
• Monday to Friday 39.5 hours per week.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.
- Food Manufacturing
- Process Improvement
- Product Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job