I am now working exclusively with a well established, growing engineering business located in Sheffield, South Yorkshire who are now looking to recruit a Product Development Engineer to be based at the design and manufacturing facility, with responsibility for managing multiple projects in line with the company's product development programme.
My client are a leader in their specific field who Design, Develop and Manufacture the widest range of approved lighting for use in Potentially Explosive Atmospheres, using the latest technology to develop safer and more innovative and reliable products. They are now looking to recruit a Product Development Engineer to lead and manage multiple new product development projects, focusing on mains and battery powered lighting equipment, from concept through to production.
As a Product Development Engineer you will be based at the Sheffield design and manufacturing facility with responsibility for managing multiple projects in line with the company's product development programme. You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team on a wide variety of activities and maintain strong relationships with external suppliers. You will be from a product design and manufacturing background with knowledge and experience of the entire product life cycle. The chosen candidate will be required to read, understand and generate design specifications, electrical/mechanical drawings and project Gantt charts in order to bring novel designs to market.
Responsibilities / Duties Include:
- Develop existing products and design new products to ensure the company continues to be a world leader in temporary and portable safety lighting solutions.
- Lead and manage multiple design and development projects from concept through to manufacture in line with company policy, with accountability for on time project delivery within an approved budget.
- Instrumental in influencing Research and Development activities including, prototyping, testing and assembly of current and proposed products.
- Liaising with sub contractors and internal resources to develop and certify products for use in explosive atmospheres.
- Work closely with suppliers to provide technical specifications/support, including identifying areas of improvement.
- Update and improve technical specifications for new and current product range.Complete failure mode and effects analysis evaluations as required.
To apply for this new, exciting position within a stable, long established organisation you will have the ability to communicate at all levels and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Other requirements include:
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, in a relevant technical discipline.
- Proven track record in whole life cycle product design. (min 3 years).
- Experience of reading and understanding design and technical drawings.
- Self-motivated team player, eager to learn and develop with a 'can-do' attitude.
- Smart and business-like in appearance with a professional approach.
- Formal project management qualifications.
- Experience of formal testing/approval processes, ideally within ATEX regulations.
- Experience of lighting design/manufacturing.
Please apply for more information.