We are super excited to be working with a very successful, trend-driven product design company. Their enviable customer portfolio includes the likes of John Lewis, Selfridges, and Waitrose to name but a few, along with leading international retailers around the globe. The products are inspiring and distinctive
They are looking for a talented Product Developer to join their creative team. You will be key in identifying new trends and opportunities, working across key ranges they supply to retailers in the UK, US and rest of the world.
Are you the creative innovator this fantastic company is seeking?
A typical day in this Product Developer/Product Manager role:
- Managing the development of products at all stage of the product life cycle.
- Briefing the design team on new product development.
- Identifying key trends / gaps in the market for new product development.
- Helping to identify product improvements for existing products.
- Managing the product from concept through to delivery.
- Briefing factories clearly with product specifications, negotiating pricing and ordering samples.
- Working with the Technical director to ensure products comply with all requirements.
- Working with the design team briefing new ranges to be visualised and finalized.
- Proof checking artwork; ensuring the contents, product imagery, barcodes, product codes and batch codes are all correct.
- Creating and reviewing product and packaging specifications to be sent to the factory.
- Ensuring all pre-production and production samples are organised and signed off internally and externally.
- Visiting factories to discuss product development and checking stock.
- Attending trade fairs in the UK and Far East.
- Comparative shopping on a regular basis to check own product in store and keep an eye on the competition.
Knowledge, qualifications and experience required for this Product Developer/Product Manager role:
- Ideally at least 3 years’ experience working for a gift company within a similar role.
- Must have previous experience working with the Far East.
- Excellent communication skills - in both briefing and feedback scenarios.
- Solid experience working with critical paths and development time lines (including chasing up deliverables).
- Adaptability - willing to accept responsibilities outside your normal remit.
- Key knowledge of the gifts and games industry.
- Strong commercial sense and awareness.
Why you’ll love this job:
- Leaders in their field, this company is going from strength to strength.
- Their inspirational designs and creative work environment.
- Shiny super-fabulous offices!
What they’ll love about you:
- Your innovative approach and passion for good design.
- You’re team player, and really value being part of a collaborative, supportive work environment.
- Your enviable commercial eye.
If you are the Product Developer / Product Manager this great company is looking for, get in touch and send us your CV today!
- Product Development
- Product Management
- Product Manager
- Identify Trends
- Product Innovation