Product Developer (Physicist / Food Science/ Materials Chemist) - 32-40k Strong Bonus + Benefits
South East Ref: ABJ3095
As a product developer with experience in physics, food science or materials engineering or design you will provide technical input and support to develop consumer relevant innovations with a robust proof of application package for new products.
- Applies knowledge from key areas of product development to support the development of new innovations for commercialisation.
- Desirable knowledge areas including blending substances, flavour formulation, primary and secondary manufacture, and/or device product development. (training given)
- Experience of developing product specifications, inputting into quality control plans and designing appropriate product qualification testing for product approval
- Ability to design future proof products, with relevant regulatory constraints in consideration
- Approach to task is by selection of appropriate means learned from knowledge and experience and thorough understanding of processing and how it can contribute to product quality.
- Applies principles of exploration and knowledge scouting to find the best partners and technologies to deliver the projects.
- Ability to address new problems from 1st principles.
- Degree qualified (preferable) physics, food science or materails engineering
- Understanding manufacture of Food/ Pharma /FMCG products with consumer focus with regards product development.
- Understanding of product design and the impact on the consumer.
- Ability to adapt processes to deliver innovative products whilst considering the implications of scale up.
- Self-starting, independent and tenacious in the pursuit of improvement
- Ability to adapt fast and self-develop
Full Time. Permanent (35hr week)
Benefits Package Includes Pension, Bonus (prorata) , 5 weeks holiday, Share save and share reward schemes,, Accident and medical insurance, subsidised catering.
To Apply: If you would like to be considered for this role, please contact Alison Basson
- Food Science
- Materials Development
- Product Development
- Consumer Focus