Product Developer (Mechanical Engineer) c£up to 54k Base +Bonus
South East AB/J3689
As an experienced mechanical engineer in developing products you will play pivotal role in the ideation, design and development of new products global R&D organisation. As mechanical product engineer you will lead the detailed design and definition of the unique Consumer (and Manufacturing) product features arising from the portfolio of innovation projects. The focus will be to identify and demonstrate enabling and exciting technology in products which has real consumer relevance, and assess technology and application on its benefits to the consumer. As a mechanical engineer but working with consumer electronics you will be required to contribute to future concept portfolios, and help steer the future of the business.
- Lead R&D continuous improvement projects:
- Briefing device development to external partners
- Project manage initiatives ensuring progress to plan / budget
- Facilitate design reviews and manage relevant stage gate documentation
- Support commercialization stage
- Conduct root cause analysis into device quality issues and product returns.
- Develop design solutions to address product quality and / or performance issues
- Review and manage mechanical device engineering documentation including engineering drawings, test reports and technical manuals
- To drive the effective understanding of the product features through application of "Best Practice" product, materials and process design/development and assessment methodologies/processes.
- To lead and establish a 'best practice’ approach for the definition and execution of Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis.
- To initiate and lead supplier relationships required to design and develop appropriate measurement and evaluation equipment and processes.
- To manage the construction, review, version control and distribution of Design plans for the team.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree - engineering discipline e.g. Product Design, Industrial Design or Mechanical engineer, Mechatronics
- Experience within mass manufacture consumer electronics industry
- Relevant technical experience resulting in a thorough knowledge of concepts, principles, and strategic relevance.
- Experience in the design of high volume consumer electronics products
- Experience in designing injection moulded components
- Experience in the use of CAD packages, specifically Solidworks but others also desirable
- Experience in preparing engineering drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of thermodynamics together with experience of using FEA for modelling would be beneficial
- Good knowledge of manufacturing technologies and design for manufacture
- Good understanding of quality management including APQP. Knowledge of ISO 13485 is desirable
- Knowledge of PCB designs and batteries would be desirable
- Experience in project management ideally Prince2 practitioner
Full Time. Permanent Benefits Package Includes Non-contributory pension, Strong bonus, 5 weeks holiday, Share save and share reward schemes, Accident and medical insurance, on site gym, subsidised catering.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson on
- Mechanical Engineering
- Product Design
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'