Our client is a hugely successful, multi-award-winning product design company based in London. Developing trend-led gift, games and stationery products for many well-known retail customers in the UK and worldwide including John Lewis, Tesco, Selfridges and Urban Outfitters - as well as thousands of smaller independent boutiques and websites.
Due to continuing growth, they are looking for a super talented Product Developer to join the games product team. This role requires a Product Developer who loves games play, has a outgoing sociable personality (so you can test out the toys!) and someone who loves what they do!
Your role as Product Developer will include:
- Taking an active part in the initiation of new product ranges and product refreshes.
- Thinking with a commercial head, working with across ranges for private and branded ranges.
- Ensuring factories and suppliers and briefly accurately and effectively.
- Ensuring target margins are met and maintained by negotiating cost prices and MOQ’s with suppliers.
- Taking responsibility for multiple critical paths, from initial concepts, right though to production.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with your existing supply base.
- Helping to source new suppliers, both UK and FE.
- Proof reading of products and packaging.
- Creating detailed product specifications.
The successful Product Developer applicant must:
- Have at least 3+ years of hands on product development experience.
- Buying experience will be considered if you have developed direct with factories (not through agents).
- Have a natural flair for spotting new trends.
- Have good communication skills - in both briefing and feedback scenarios.
- Be experienced with critical paths and development time lines (including chasing up deliverables).
- Be adaptable - willing to accept responsibilities outside their normal remit.
- Have knowledge of the gifts and games industry.
- Have a very strong commercial sense.
This is a great role for a candidate that is looking for a career in Product Development and who would like to work for a really exciting company that offers great career progression.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job