Product Developer, Java, C#, OO, MVC, UML, Leeds
Product Developer required to work for a fast growing SaaS business based in Leeds, West Yorkshire. Core skills are Java, C# & SQL. Read on for more details.
- Create applications and features that conform to best practice coding standards, make optimal use of advanced framework capabilities, and have full unit test coverage
- Work with testers to help define the approach for testing of new deliverables, and resolve in a timely fashion any issues discovered during the testing process
- Provide product support, which includes educating colleagues in the use of new product features, as well as analysing and resolving issues reported by project teams and customers
- Produce technical documentation as required
This role will suit a highly motivated self-starter who is comfortable working in teams that may be spread across a number of different locations. In addition you will:
- Be a quick learner and keen to embrace new technologies and development frameworks
- Be a clear communicator and team player
- Be able to work under your own initiative
- Be able to write documents in clear English
- Have a talent for problem solving and a well-organised approach to work
Applicants should be aware that some occasional travel may be required to regional offices. This will be infrequent and for short periods.
Candidates must have a minimum 3 years commercial experience of software development, and demonstrable development experience using modern frameworks, coding standards and techniques.
- Experience developing in Java or C#
- Familiarity with object-oriented design
- Understanding of libraries, frameworks, UML, test driven development
- Experience with an MVC framework (e.g. Spring, Struts, .Net)
- Proven ability to analyse and maintain existing code
- Understanding of database principles and generic SQL
- Understanding of software development lifecycle
- Exposure to or experience working with Salesforce
- Understanding of NodeJS
- Experience of Git, SVN or equivalent source control system
- Experience in test driven development & writing of unit tests
This is a great opportunity and salary is dependent upon experience. Apply now for more details.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job