Salary: £47,000 - £55,000 per annum
Job type: Permanent
About the company:
Our client create, build and market human-centred digital products and experiences. Through strategy, user experience design and digital marketing, they help businesses grow - including The Royal Yachting Association, Old Mutual Wealth and The Pig Hotels, and some of the world's largest brands, including British Airways, Selfridges, GSK, Tesco and Clinique.
You’ll excel within your career at our client, through hands-on training and regular reviews to keep you progressing with your personal development.
Purpose of the Product Designer:
They’re on the lookout for a Product Designer, to join a team of passionate and highly skilled humans building amazing digital products and experiences. Their product teams are deployed into businesses to build forward-thinking responsive websites and web apps. They do this by splitting their time between being the embedded team on-site and working back at the London or Southampton base with the wider team (usually a 70/30 split).
The product team is driven to create the kind of business change that allows organisations to really flourish and engage with their customers, getting them further faster. As a result, each team member plays an exciting key role in building relationships and demonstrates a proven ability to work with partners first-hand on-site. Joining our client, you’ll have the opportunity to work with an amazing set of clients that partner with them on an interesting set of challenges that you will help to solve, whilst surrounded by a talented set of individuals from a studio that is host to top talent, an eclectic playlist, the occasional party, and Bonnie, the studio dog.
Responsibilities of the Product Designer:
- Working with the Lead Strategist and Product team to understand client and user needs. This can involve desk research, stakeholder interviews, customer interviews, experience mapping and doing whatever else they can to put themselves in users’ shoes.
- Working with the wider team to conceive innovative forward-thinking new customer journeys that balance customer and business needs and embrace a holistic multi-channel conception of design.
- Validating your ideas using prototyping, user testing and zealous self-review.
- Meticulously translating complex requirements into coherent, detailed wireframes.
- Working with Designers, Developers and QA through all stages of product development to ensure user experience is never neglected.
- Presenting designs internally and to clients.
- Creating and evolving brands.
- Providing the development team with assets and style guides.
Requirements of the Product Designer:
- You have been designing for at least 2 years and have the portfolio to prove it.
- A genuine enthusiasm for web design, and an awareness of mobile interaction design trends.
- You apply usability principles and always consider user needs.
- You value the emotional aspects of interaction design and create interaction flows that surprise and delight users.
- You’re never satisfied with the obvious, ‘good enough’, solution.
- Presentation skills: you can tell a clear and engaging story to justify your ideas.
- The ability to challenge and educate clients where needed
- You can analyse complex requirements and can translate them into a coherent product.
- You are comfortable mapping out complex interaction flows and defining the logic of how every element works.
- You create professional deliverables for clients and check through every detail.
- You appreciate the value of research but are comfortable working from assumptions and intuition where necessary.
- Flexibility and self-organisation: you appreciate the value of having time to experiment but are happy to adapt your work style to a tight deadline where necessary.
- Familiarity with Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience in creating UI animations.
- Experience in iconography.
Benefits of becoming the Product Designer:
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience.
- 23 days starting holiday, plus your birthday off.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Life Assurance and Income Protection.
- Medical Insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Sick pay package and access to our clients Employee Assistance Programme.
- A focus on your personal development.
- Access to Book Club, Movie Club and our clients Running Club.
- 'Bacon roll Fridays' where they have free breakfast every Friday.
- Pizza days and drinks at the launch of every new project.
- 3pm finish every Friday so you can get your weekend started early!
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Product Designer, then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'