As a member of the product design team, you'll be working on the core application, designing new features or improving old ones and collaborating with the development team and our users to make our client better than ever.
Our client is one of the UK's largest, and most popular, online technology companies based in Edinburgh.
An existing opportunity has to come to market for an experienced Product Designer to join a forward thinking, successful and expanding team.
As Product Designer your day-to-day duties & responsibilities will include:
- Using pencil and paper to draft rapid lo-fi prototypes for new features or product improvements
- Refining prototypes in your graphic editor of choice (we like Sketch) and presenting your ideas to the team
- Coding up functioning prototypes to test workflows with our users
- Working alongside the engineers to implement features in our Ruby on Rails codebase
- Pushing your own app updates
- Digging in and analysing behavioural data to understand how users are using features
As Product Designer, you will have at least 3-4 years working in an agency, as successful freelancer or as an in-house designer, and can demonstrate:
- Experience of designing user interfaces for complex applications, translating user requirements into elegant, usable solutions.
- Knowledge of best practice and techniques in mobile app design
- Knowledge of best practices with regards to web standards, usability and accessibility.
- Strong visual and graphic design sense.
- Willingness to work with engineers to implement new features within our website and application frameworks
- Knowledge of fundamental UX techniques including user testing, wireframing, prototyping, interaction flows, information architecture and more.
- Experience of, or at least a willingness to learn, our technology stack, including Ruby on Rails
Competitive basic salary + excellent benefits package
- Product Designer