Product Designer - Doncaster
1- The candidate needs to have product design experience. Preferably this within the kitchen industry/modular furniture. But bathroom/bedroom is considered.
2- 3D Design package/Rendering package experience.
3-Produce evidence of candidates work.
Bonus for this role will depend on the candidates experience and level coming into the business.
Ideally the candidate would need at least 2-3years experience and be a confident approachable individual. The candidate will be working with the Prototype technician and the Marketing team.
Working hours for this role - 8.45am-5pm Mon-Thurs 8.45am-4pm Fri.
Attractive Salary and Benefits Package depending on experience
Required as soon as possible to work in a newly created role, the Product Designer will report to the Head of Design and Technical and be responsible for leading the development of new kitchen products and controlling the product lifecycle management. As well as designing new door ranges, handles and worktop selection etc., the successful applicant will also compile and analyse market intelligence and produce information on new products for the Technical and Marketing departments. Previous proven success and experience of designing product within the kitchen industry is therefore a must.
Key responsibilities of the role include: -
- Design new door ranges, handles, worktop selection etc.
- Produce concept designs of new unit types etc.
- Produce and supply preliminary drawings and specifications for the Technical Department and external suppliers
- Gather and analyse market intelligence of new materials, processes etc. and undertake ongoing competitor reviews, providing reports and recommendations
- Organise sample displays/presentations etc. of new products
- Organise consumer market research of proposed new products in conjunction with the Marketing Department
- Conduct preliminary margin analysis of potential new products in conjunction with Purchasing and Commercial Finance departments
- Undertake lifecycle management of products leading to proposed discontinuations and deletions
- Liaise with other departments (Technical, Manufacturing, Purchasing) during the development and new product implementation process.
- Liaise with the Prototype Technician to enable the production of samples and displays of new products
- Liaise with the Marketing Department in providing information for inclusion in the product directories, brochures, and price lists
- Liaise with the Project Design Manager and Marketing Department regarding proposed and actual updates to the in-house showrooms etc.
- Attend furniture and supplier exhibitions (UK and abroad)
- Visit suppliers as required to assess new products, gain information etc.
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and attributes: -
- Proven experience as a successful product designer in the kitchen industry
- PC literate - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to an intermediate standard
- Able to use AutoCAD Inventor or similar
- Proven creativity and flair - able to produce evidence of own design work
- Commercial awareness
- Knowledge of kitchen manufacturing methods
- Able to work accurately and with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative
- Confident in dealing with people at all levels in the business
- Able to design and confidently deliver presentations
- Full Driving licence without excessive points. Must be willing to travel, including some limited travel to the EU.
AutoCad Inventor Microsoft packages, ie Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, proven experience as a designer in the kitchen industry, proven creative flair and abiliy, Design degree preferred, full UK driving licence
- Product Design
- Project Design
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job