Product Design Engineer
Salary £30 - £35K
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic, Product Design Engineer to join our team. You’d be working with a creative team to continually improve and develop products from concept to completion. The company uses agile development to run projects efficiently, working with account managers toward milestones whilst developing products around the customer’s requirement and specification and internal projects.
This is the perfect role for a highly motivated individual to join a rapidly growing company working in a cross sector product range on an international basis.
The company benefits from a flat management structure, and an open minded progressive team.
Desired Skills and Experience: Product Design Engineer
- The ability to work as part of a team, with regular reviews.
- Strong conceptual and aesthetic understanding.
- Strong knowledge of design for injection moulded and metal fabricated product.
- Ability to liaise with suppliers and customers were necessary.
- Experienced 3D CAD design (Solidworks).
- 2D drawings, drafting and tolerancing.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible mindset
- Rendering and high level presentation skills (Adobe suite an advantage)
- Prototyping and working with development models.
- Design for rapid prototype, prototype and manufacture.
- Technical authoring (product instructions and manuals).
- Experience of PDM Pro.
- Liaising with Chinese suppliers
- General workshop skills
- Injection moulding
- Thermoforming / Vacuum forming ? Sheet Metal
- High Pressure Die Casting HPDC
- 3D Printing and vacuum casting
- SolidWorks 2017
- PDM Pro
- Adobe Suite (PS and Illustrator)
- Key shot (or similar rendering package)
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience) and share option scheme
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme (after 3 months probation)
- Bonus Scheme (after 3 months probation)
- Great office atmosphere
- Free tea and coffee facilities
- Free parking
Our client is a fast growing business which designs, manufactures and sells kiosks and device enclosures to a worldwide customer base. Customers include Sainsbury’s, McDonald’s, NASA, Starbucks and Ladbrokes. We’ve built a market-leading product, with a lot of happy customers and we continue our fast pace of innovation. We’re proud of our success so far, but this is just the beginning of our exciting journey. We have a lot of great ideas on how to make the businesses even more productive. The company is based in Ferndown, Bournemouth.
How to Apply
If this Product Design Engineer role sounds like the position for you apply today send your CV below!
- Product Design