Salary: Competitive + Excellent Package
My client is global technology leader, they specialise in various sectors including fire, Security, hydraulics, lighting, automotive amongst other. Due to planned growth they are now looking for a Product Design Engineer to join their existing team.
To design and develop Products to strict deadlines, cost requirements, along with adhering to performance and conformance requirements within Fire regulatory standards.
The Product Design Engineer will report to the Mechanical Team leader, the successful candidate will be working as part of a highly motivated development team. Duties include control over all mechanical design projects including new product developments, “cost down” projects and product improvements.
The engineering expertise is to be supported with a fundamental ability to manage and co-ordinate toolmakers, suppliers and internal project teams in realising new product developments.
Product/Industrial Design & Engineering
- Concept, aesthetic and mechanical engineering design for all products required within the department.
- Primarily plastic injection moulded parts and metal stamped & formed components
- Acoustic and optical design experience would be very beneficial
- Originating of artworks for labels, instruction leaflets and packaging
- An acute attention to detail is essential
- Experience of 3D Solid Modelling ideally using SolidWorks
- Adobe Creative Suite including: Illustrator and Photoshop
- Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel are also desired
Moulding / Tooling
- A good understanding of the injection moulding process and associated design limitations
- Able to design parts for tooling
- Understanding of tooling requirements, specifying rough tool layout
- Experience in approving final tool GA would be beneficial
- Project management/control liaison with internal/external customers and suppliers
- Technical presentations to large OEM customers
- Budget planning and time planning to ensure that schedules are met
• Full design lifecycle of products
• Appreciation of design methodologies for customer/ end-user focus
• UI/UX design layout is desirable
• Mechanical integration of Electronics is desirable
• Design for manufacture and assembly
• Understanding of material specification in particular plastics
- Approximately 10% of time will be spent working at other site so flexibility is required
- Occasional travel to customer and suppliers is also required
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, Industrial Design or related discipline, with relevant industrial experience
- Ability to work in a team and be able to adapt to the flexible working requirement of modern industry
If the above description matches your current job title or you are looking for a new opportunity with a fast growing global company then please contact Saira Hussain for further details on or email with a copy of your current CV
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job