Product Controller - Oil and Gas
A Product Controller is required by a leading Energy supplier, based in their London Offices
P&L Reporting & Explanation
- Daily P&L, position and risk reporting on an accurate, timely and meaningful basis for trading books
- Producing daily P&L explanation to verify and signoff the reported P&L and liaison with traders to reconcile any differences
- Timely and transparent communication of results with insightful commentary on drivers such as P&L attributions, market changes, new trading activity and trading strategies.
- Review new trades, understand the structure, associated risks and the P&L generated on them
- Daily review of P&L produced by other team members before it is sent to the desk
- Full ownership of monthly reconciliations with Finance to ensure accuracy of numbers reported and to identify and resolve any differences to the GL and be able to fully substantiate reconciling items. This will include posting to SAP and reconciling published P&L to GL.
- Understand price verification and other fair value adjustments processes and their impact on P&L
- Weekly and monthly reporting into the Consolidation team, including commentary on P&L and position movements
- Reporting on Key Performance Indicators
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis for Product Control and other departments, in particular Risk and Finance
Product Control Projects
- Assist in the strategic build out of new P&L reporting and P&L explanation by helping to review current state and sources of data/calculations in order to successfully identify the gaps that exist in reaching the target state
- Understanding and documentation of FX reporting rules applied in P&L production so assessment can be made of changes required
- Development and documentation of systems knowledge, in particular trade life cycles across the various P&L valuation and reporting systems
- Working on ad hoc projects
- Preparatory work for new business
- Share knowledge (both existing and newly gained from above projects) and help train other members of the wider Product Control team
- Knowledge of Gas and Power markets is preferable
- Numerate based degree preferable
- Qualified accountant with a strong working knowledge of a trading businesses balance sheet.
- 2-3 years Product Control experience with a strong background in the trading business and experience with commodities products (Swing Contracts, Options, Futures etc.).
- A strong understanding of trade Valuations & Risk factors (Delta, Vega, Gamma etc.).
- Proficiency in MS Excel with strong macro (VBA) knowledge
- Strong Communicator & sense of accountability and ownership of deliverables.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet reporting deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Working on own initiative
- Problem solving
- Strong analytical skills