Product Compliance Assistant £18k Retail Group Dorking
Having started in 2001 specialising in gadgets and gifts that people actually want to receive - they have quickly become one of the UK's fastest-growing retail groups with more than 60 stores across the country and twice been featured in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 League Table.This is a full-time job opportunity. Salary: £18k.
Key responsibilities of the role:
To assist the Product Compliance Executive in developing and importing compelling, commercial products and ranges and bring to market in line with business requirements and timelines. Ensure that all imported products conform to the applicable regulations. Ensuring internal systems are kept up to date with all compliance documentation.
Day-to-day activities will include:
- Collating and reviewing compliance documentation required for the technical file of each product. Ensuring all technical files and internal systems are kept up to date.
- Test certificates form part of the technical file and must be seen and approved before shipment. All test reports must comply with applicable regulations and any additional third-party testing will need to be organised before shipping.
- Create and organise declarations of conformity and product assessments.
- Testing products and arranging product trials for samples across all stages of the critical path, ensuring products are fit for purpose and are of high quality.
- Working closely with suppliers and trade customers worldwide, building strong relationships and delivering clear communication on requirements needed for each order.
- Working to the critical path to ensure all deadlines and shipments are met.
- Work closely with the design team to update and create clear and accurate product instruction manuals with a strong attention to detail.
- Approve artworks, ensuring artwork deadlines are met.
- Organising samples to suppliers, customers and the warehouse.
- Assisting with returns analysis, working closely with the warehouse team.
- Working with the Far East Office to collate and maintain all factory ethical and technical audits, ensuring all audits are up to date and audit renewals arranged when needed. Assisting with audit reviews and supply mapping.
- Copyright checks – Check for patents before introducing a new product to the market.
- Any other admin and adhoc tasks.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent administration skills with a proactive approach
- Motivated and can effectively manage workload with good time management skills
- Intermediate Excel skills and a good working knowledge of other Microsoft applications
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced office environment to tight deadlines
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of working in a retail or wholesale company
- Previous experience of product quality control procedures and ethical sourcing
- Experience of working with overseas suppliers
- Fantastic offices in leafy Surrey
- Excellent salary and career advancement opportunities
- Chance to work within a successful, fast-growing business
- 30% discount on all products
"Office Assistant jobs in London"