- Minimum HNC/HND or equivalent within a relevant technical discipline in Structural/Civil engineering, ideally, degree level
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the construction industry
- Good knowledge of Construction products and systems specific to structural engineering, civil engineering or mechanical engineering such as external wall systems/cladding.
- Good knowledge of Building Regulations and relevant standards
- Strong technical background with an understanding & analysis of technical matters, particularly related to structural engineering such as timber, steel, concrete, masonry
- Good computer skills including Word, Power point, Excel and Email
- Strong planning, organisational and scheduling
- Analytical report writing skills
Ideally you will also have:
- Understanding of management quality systems such as ISO 9001
- Understanding of structural systems such as cladding, timber buildings, roofing systems, cementitious/concrete products, concrete design
- Membership of a relevant technical/professional body such as ISTRUCTE or ICE.
- Chartered engineer
Purpose of Job
The main purpose of the Product Certification Assessor is to plan, co-ordinate and carry out assessments of construction products and systems.
You will be managing multiple projects where you will be expected to prepare contract offers and estimates for the assessment of various types of construction products and systems.
The job holder will be required to research and investigate aspects of construction product/system performance, work as part of a team contributing to team and individual targets and objectives and regularly converse with clients ensuring you maintain good quality and standards always.
Prepare contract offers for assessments, ensuring that they are proportionate and realistic for the work to be done and that they are delivered within agreed timescales.
Plan allocated assessments and produce, maintain and update detailed work programmes.
Draft Certificates and Reports, seek and take due regard of comments thereon and arrange production of documents for publication.
Wilde Associates are working in the capacity of an Employment Agency for this vacancy.
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Industry
- Structural Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job