Denmans part of Rexel UK are currently looking for a Product and Categories Manager to join their team on a permanent basis, this is a great opportunity to join a developing department within our Bristol Head Office.
As a Product and Categories Manager you be managing the development and deployment of the defined Denmans offer plan and category strategy across the UK business to better exploit all routes to market, to drive sales and brand awareness and to provide an industry leading customer experience.
- Drive the offer plan vision internally and with key stakeholders
- Develop, agree and implement category plans, which deliver the company business objectives and meet customer needs
- Manage, develop and maintain a consolidated product profile, taking into account the market requirements.
- Engage suppliers to deliver category driving initiatives
- Work with suppliers to create joint category placement for brand and private label growth
- Be the offer plan champion and drive all category agendas across the business.
- Provide category and customer insight at senior management level to influence current and future direction
- Proactively manage strategic category partnerships
- Manage and develop the supplier base, communicating company strategy, objectives and requirements as necessary.
- Negotiate, commercial terms, policies & supplier trading agreements where relevant for the Denmans banner.
- Maintain up to date commercial/purchasing agreements to ensure stock purchase at the correct values.
- Monitor product sales, profitability and supplier performance and provide monthly benchmarking these against market trends and company targets.
- Ensure target stock availability by optimising set-up of system parameters (MSIBs, stock days, MOQs, replenishment quantities, etc.) and overseeing corrective actions to address gaps
- Success within a market leading, high volume, multi-product business, ideally in a multi-site, b2b environment
- Strong background in managing and delivering growth in a portfolio of core product categories
- Excellent analytical skills and strong commercial acumen
- First class effective communicator across all levels of the organisation
- Experienced in developing category strategy, Go-to-Market plans, vendor management, procurement, inventory planning and budgeting
- Proven manager and credible leader who is progressive, flexible and team orientated
- Successful delivery of change at pace
- Product application knowledge
- Market and competitor knowledge - trends and key market sectors eg. construction, utilities, engineering, food, FM
- Ability to diagnose category performance and identify demand drivers
- Proficiency with Microsoft office packages
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'