Produce Buyer - Global Fresh Foodservice Organisation - Job Summary
An opportunity to work with the undisputed global leaders in fresh foodservice as a Produce Buyer. As an experienced Produce Buyer what could be better than working for an organisation who are part of a global group who suppliers are keen to work with, and customers keen to engage their services? It's a superb opportunity to join the organisation during a period of exciting growth where your remit will focus on building strong supplier relationships, ensuring sustainability, delivering great service and a high quality product. If career progression is important, you will be actively encouraged and supported with your development to Buying Manager.
Produce Buyer - Global Fresh Foodservice Organisation - About The Organisation
Our client are the undisputed global leaders in fresh foodservice with a market capitalisation of several £billion. Their interests within foodservice stretch globally with significant presence in the USA, Europe and the UK. With a revered reputation amongst customers and suppliers alike they strive to achieve commercial relationships that are in everyone's best interests. Family are at the heart of this organisations culture and values, and you will be able to achieve a desirable work/life balance. Work will be challenging, but enjoyable and rewarding. You will get out of your role what you put into it and you will have a high performing team around you pulling in the same direction. The company believes in allowing people flexibility, freedom and autonomy to perform in their roles, with support on hand when required.
Produce Buyer - Global Fresh Foodservice Organisation - Role Responsibility
- Regular review of supplier performance and strategy
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting and meeting existing suppliers, building and maintaining relationships with them
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress
- Checking the quality of service provided
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial, technical, supply and quality requirement
- Forecasting cost trends, their impact on activity and acting on these trends
- To engage and utilise key technical experts within the business to ensure product quality, consistency and safety
- To be industry expert for your category, ensuring industry knowledge and market trends are captured and cascaded to relevant stakeholders
- Improve availability and waste
- Build on our CSER/Sustainable sourcing position
- Improving EBITDA
Produce Buyer - Global Fresh Foodservice Organisation - The Ideal Candidate
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels both internally and externally
- Negotiation and delivery of cost savings experience, combined with a strong and logical commercial problem solving abilities
- Strong planning and organisational skills with excellent time management and the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Resilience under pressure, adapting quickly to deliver commercial results
- Acting on initiative and the ability to influence senior management team and key stakeholders on the value and logic of business proposals
- Results driven
- Sound judgment in decision making and transparent thought processes
- The highest possible professional and ethical standards
- Good administrative skills, with high attention to detail
- Comfortable to a good level with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel across the UK and overseas where required
Passion for our customers and reacting quickly to meet their needs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'