Procurement Support Officer
Procurement Support Officer
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Support Officer based in Ipswich.
This is a contract role until the end of July initially with a possibility of the role going permanent.
Procurement Support Officer - Job Description
Supporting the Category Manager, in delivering the category function within the Trust.
Key Activities include the following key responsibilities:
- To act as an ambassador for the Procurement Department and promote benefits to all customers.
- To assist in providing an efficient and effective procurement service to the Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust, in support of the strategic objectives of the Trust
- To ensure high standards of performance, quality and courtesy are achieved and maintained with customer and suppliers.
- To develop, negotiate and manage cost effective procurement contracts in support of the Trusts procurement workplan.
- To advise users / budget holders on procurement policies and procedures.
- To undertake purchasing activities and organise medium / high value contracts including both goods and services contracts.
- To proactively monitor usage trends in support of compliance with commitment to contract terms, enabling achievement of cost savings.
- To influence end users choice of products and ensure that all queries and complaints are dealt with in a professional and positive manner
- To carry out operational tasks associated with the procurement of goods and services and effectively contribute towards the Trust' value for money and cash releasing saving targets, as well as those of other organisations to whom the service is contracted.
- To develop an excellent relationship with all stakeholders, including internal customers with the Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust, other Trusts, NHS organisations, suppliers and distributors.
- Required to forge effective and professional working relationships with staff at all levels
- Responsible for the procurement of products and / or services for Community and designated Divisions within the Trust in line with the Trusts' strategic objectives.
- Responsible for the management of tenders (under supervision) and negotiations of contracts including supplies of goods and indirect services across the Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust as well as other Trusts, in line with customers' requirements. These activities will involve the preparation of tender document, the management of tenders as well as a detailed analysis of the feedback received from suppliers in order to select the best source of supply based on criteria defined at the early stage of the tender process.
- Expected to achieve significant cash releasing savings year on year and efficient improvements.
- Expected to build collaborative relationships and achieve positive performance against quality and value for money targets.
Procurement Support Officer - Skills
- Knowledge of professional purchasing principles
- Commercial negotiation
- Experience in a customer service organisation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible - able to multi-task and prioritise.
- Understanding of the need for confidentiality
- CIPS qualified or working towards
- buying assistant
- Procurement Officer
- Procurement assistant
- Procurement Support officer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"