We are proudly representing our public sector client based in Durham for their search for a Procurement Support Officer. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit for a temporary assignment to start as soon as possible till August 18.
- To provide support to procurement projects.
- To provide professional procurement support and advice to service areas, and partner organisations in their procurement activity.
- To provide procurement support for the development and implementation of Procurement and Purchasing tools, systems and procedures to ensure that an efficient procure-to pay process is realised for the organisation.
- To provide training and guidance to all system users.
- To monitor, review and report Corporate Procurement KPIs including savings and benefits realisation reporting.
- To carry out supplier engagement activities including managing supplier training and education and awareness activities.
- To develop and deliver procurement training activities to procurement staff and other officers, including in service areas and partner organisations.
- To develop, monitor, review and report all corporate procurement budget related activity.
- To develop and maintain guidance notes, tender documents, and other publications / information
- Experience of undertaking and supporting procurement projects.
- Basic knowledge of the legislative framework related to public procurement.
- Basic knowledge of the latest best practice procurement and e-procurement methodologies, processes, systems.
- Basic procurement, negotiation, sourcing, contract management and supplier relationship management skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic and flexible approach with good interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Willingness to work on own initiative and also as part of a multi-functional team
- Strong commitment to the achievement of targets and a strong customer quality philosophy
- May be required to work outside of normal office hours.