Closing date: 18/04/2018
35 hours per week, 5 weeks annual leave + stat days
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The job will not be placing orders on suppliers or chasing for product. This role will be more about sourcing suppliers, managing suppliers, negotiating with suppliers etc.
- To obtain the most cost effective supply for all materials and services required, by establishing commercially professional and ethical working relationships with Suppliers using partnership sourcing methodologies with use of best practice negotiation skills to obtain measurable outcomes.
- To ensure production schedules profitably and accurately meet all internal and external business demands; ensuring all materials are in place to meet schedules and having regard for any business imposed constraints.
- To prepare, negotiate and sign contracts to the benefit of and on behalf of the company. Maintain a current knowledge of English Contract Law and an ability to effectively apply it.
- To build trusting and supportive relationships with your colleagues and business contacts, maintaining regular contact and ensuring purchasing specification demands and requirements are communicated and understood.
- To provide sufficient and timely communication to all parties to ensure the smooth delivery of contractual agreement and purchases.
- To manage all personnel, providing appropriate development opportunities and training.
- To efficiently manage all areas of financial responsibility including budget setting, having due regard for company policy.
- To advise and make presentations as necessary and as relevant, on any area of current responsibilities and market activity and the financial implications of the strategy.
- To alert management to procurement and supply chain issues and provide alternative solutions.
- To make reports or presentations (as directed) to management, customers and suppliers in relation to supply issues and their impact on the business and trading environment.
- To ensure records are maintained and procedures are effectively used with respect to ISO9000 and supplier quality assurance.
- To employ recognised knowledge management techniques to analyse the effectiveness of purchasing and supply chain strategies, specifically monitoring the profitability of all procurement and supply chain activity, actively developing and maintaining a purchasing and supply chain system that enable effective procurement for Group Companies.
- To apply recognised best practice project management techniques to the procurement and supply chain process.
- To proactively keep up to date with product ranges and sales forecasts for the benefit of all procurement and supply chain decision making.
- To actively develop own skills, keeping abreast of relevant commercial and technical trends.
- Purchasing & Negotiation Skills -proven ability in a manufacturing environment to strategically manage the supply chain, including contract management and international purchasing. Current knowledge of English Contract Law and an ability to effectively apply it
- Project Management Skills - the ability to deliver specific projects within an agreed specification, timescale and costs. Highly developed process management skills are considered vital.
- Analytical Skills -ability to interrogate and analyse corporated support purchasing and supply chain strategies, including the interpretation of sales forecasts, commercial trends, commodity markets, etc. Business and
- Financial Planning experience-using resources to achieve Company / strategic plans
- Experience in the use of Company Procedures -including delivery of Team Briefings, staff reviews and management of performance (including budget control, schedule adherence, hit rates, etc).
- Specifications & Technical Drawings -ability to interpret and utilise to effectively research the market and incorporate into formal contracts.
- Quality Management -to include process management and the ability to adhere to and improve a greed procedures.
- Experience in use of appropriate IT systems within a purchasing/supply function.
Preferred (but not essential) CIPS qualification. Ideally with a good understanding of contract law.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
- Buyer Procurement Purchasing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job