Procurement Specialist £30k-£40k pa Hull
Your new role
An exciting and new opportunity for a Procurement Specialist based in Hull. The main purpose of the role is to ensure the effective co-ordination of Procurement activities in conjunction with all external / 3rd party sourced raw materials and to constantly review and manage the introduction and development of new products within to the business.
Key Duties Include;
- Measure and maintain Procurement activities against pre-determined KPI's
- Identify risks to NPD projects and manage critical path activities
- Source and approve potential new suppliers prior to implementing into the business
- Prepare detailed project summaries and present to key senior stakeholders as required
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve best value product proposition whilst driving out any supply risks in the business
- To be the primary contact with suppliers and manage all communications relating to new and existing products
- Manage the distribution of relevant specification documents into the Supply chain
- Manage the ordering and delivery of samples for the Design and NPD process
- Drive and control the handover process to Material Planning and Production highlighting new suppliers and products and 'at risk' items
What you'll need to succeed
- Experienced in a fast paced Procurement environment
- Degree standard / CIPS qualified is desirable
- Experience within a Manufacturing / Engineering environment
- Experience of driving and implementing continuous improvement processes
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve pre-determined project deadlines and budgets
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrable influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Commitment to working as part of a team and as an individual within Procurement and cross functional
- Good level of IT skills and experience of MRP systems and processes
- Effective planning and organisational skills
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary of £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Full company benefits package
Free, on site parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Supplier Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'