• Create and issue purchase orders to satisfy sales, production and inventory requirements.
• Respond to price and delivery requests from the sales and production departments.
• Constantly strive to improve vendor performance on price, lead-time and associated costs.
• Analyse inventory levels of tiered products with a view to reducing overall stock holding without compromising customer expectations.
• Utilise inventory management and purchasing strategies (JIT, min/max) in conjunction with Dynamics AX to improve efficiency.
• Coordinate with Product Management / Material Control to develop a structured purchasing plan for products and services.
• Ensure vendor delivery information is confirmed and maintained.
• Establish regular communication with vendors and develop a network of contacts thus ensuring an efficient working relationship.
• To be fully conversant with assigned product groups and services and keep up to date with new technology and developments within the industry. Full training will be provided on an ongoing basis.
MRP/ERP systems experience
Quality, H&S and ISO experience preferred
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business