Concept Resourcing are delighted to be partnering with a leading manufacturing organisation based in Birmingham who require a Procurement Specialist to join their team. This role will have full responsibility for the Purchasing function within the business with line management of one Administrator.
This is a perfect role for a Buyer within the manufacturing industry looking to step up.
- Negotiation of annual purchase & utility contracts in addition to looking after the raw materials.
- Optimise inventory levels / process / procurement to increase stock availability and reduce costs.
- Develop robust process of procurement & inventory reporting & accurate and timely analysis.
- Maintains and manages safety stock & minimum stock via purchasing wizards
- Transmits and prioritises approved purchase orders and supporting documentation to suppliers.
- Tracks orders and confirms system lead times, delivery dates and cost.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase orders until they are closed.
- Monitor suppliers & sub-contractors OTIF (On time, in full) and create action plans.
- Close working relationship with Goods Inwards & Quality Engineering to manage deliveries
- Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts, reports non-conformances.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Contributes to consolidation, reduction, and rationalisation of raw materials.
- Control inventory level vs budget
The successful Procurement Specialist will have the following skills:
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment within an SME business
- Experience of working in a procurement role within manufacturing.
- Knowledge and experience of a raw materials procurement role
- Degree or CIPS equivalent in Purchasing, supply chain or Manufacturing
- MRP & strong system / IT skills inc Excel
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Self-motivated & professional manner
This role offers up to £40,000 + benefits working Monday - Friday - 8.30am - 5.00pm
This role will be shortlisted by COP 29/07/2021 so if you feel like you fit the above criteria, please apply today.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'