The role of Purchasing Specialist / Buyer will support the procurement and inventory team. The position is a developmental role, and a great opportunity for those who are looking to progress with a career in procurement and supply chain management.
Location - Croydon
Salary - up to £35,000
Key responsibilities of the Procurement Specialist / Buyer -
- Maintain Dearman's procurement and inventory databases (including but not limited to our supplier database),
- Produce the team's Procurement and Inventory reports,
- Expedite Purchase Orders (POs) in order to ensure supplies are delivered into Dearman's iwarehouse on time,
- Amend and close POs,
- Deliver successful procurement RFI/RFP activities.
- Manage Dearman's Low Value Purchasing (LVP) process,
- Carry out receipting of goods in Dearman's ERP system,
- Provide other general ongoing support to the Procurement & Inventory team as and when required.
Key skills / experience required for the position of Procurement Specialist / Buyer -
- A strong interest in developing a career within Procurement & Supply Chain Mgt.,
- 2+ years within a procurement role, ideally from manufacturing/engineering
- Experience of working as part of a team in a business environment (can have been gained via vacational, part-time or full time work)
- Strong communication skills
- Good computer literacy skills with experience of using basic Microsoft business software - i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of ERP/MRP systems would be prefereable
- the ability to thrive in a fast-growing and rapidly changing work environment.
If you have experience working within manufacturing/engineering and are seeking a role within procurement or inventory management, then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- buyer OR procurement OR purchasing