Cathedral Appointments are currently recruiting for a Procurement Specialist on a short term, six month contract for a manufacturer/wholesaler based in Exeter, Devon. This is a six month contract due to a sudden high work load, however there could potentially be the opportunity of a permanent position at the end of the contract, performance and workload dependant.
- Administration of the end to end purchase process to ensure that the vendor arrears are minimised and delivered on time.
- Ensure the timely execution of purchase orders and maintenance of accurate and up to date purchase and progress records on the ERP system.
- Evaluating customer schedules and expediting components externally and internally to ensure the delivery of customer requirements.
- Implementing, administration and monitoring of replenishment arrangements with suppliers.
- Analysing stock-outs, identifying causal factors and implementing appropriate and on-going corrective actions
- Administration of supply, costing and pricing discrepancies and their correction and on-going resolution.
- Regularly monitoring vendor performance and highlighting supplier performance issues to the wider supply chain team.
- Building relationships at all levels in the supply chain to ensure that the right product is available at the right time in the right place.
- Communicating with internal customers regarding the status of purchase orders, delivery schedules and product availability.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in direct procurement and / or commodity management
- A continuous drive to improve procurement and planning processes
- Excellent prioritisation skills
- The ability to plan and organise effectively
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Good verbal and written English language skills
- Driven and committed
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team
- Able to manage own workload to meet targets and deadlines
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for an interesting, short term role to gain some invaluable experience in a fantastic company. For further information, please send an up to date CV or contact Dan Toze at Cathedral Appointments.