Procurement/ Purchasing Manager £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
South East ABJ3511
As an experienced procurement / purchasing manager in the production / manufacturing field you will define and implement the procurement strategy for product portfolio in specific category area of responsibility by taking into account business/production requirements, analysing market and supply chain, negotiating contract terms, managing risks and supplier performance and relationship management, to achieve the most competitive terms including price, quality, on-time delivery and sustainability.
- Analyse the market for specific product areas to understand the supply chain, using a variety of sources such as supplier meetings, internet, ICIS reports, external sources. Maintain up-to-date understanding of supply/demand balance in the regional/global markets for the assigned products.
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers in line with market conditions as determined by market analysis. Evaluate and monitor agreed contract prices to ensure price is right dependent on changing market conditions. Agree targets for cost reduction (with GPD) and implement plans to achieve the targets.
- Lead the procurement of your allocated and categorized raw materials in MEA ensuring optimum planning of long supply chains and leveraging global supply contracts wherever possible.
- Negotiate and agree terms and conditions of purchase with suppliers in line with standard Company terms and conditions for portfolio/area of responsibility (taking advice from legal team where terms are not standard). Set key performance indicators. Manage contract and supplier performance to ensure compliance and delivery against KPIs.
- Manage supplier relationships through regular meetings, audits, review performance, draw up savings road maps and targets and seek ways to achieve and improve on procurement strategy. Report on and maintain records of supplier discussions/meetings and market intelligence.
- Undertake risk management for critical suppliers/products, assess risks based on supply shortages or limited sources and ensure plans in place for alternatives. Work in conjunction with technical/production teams when assessing and implementing alternatives.
- Undertake projects within defined parameters as directed by Head of Secondary Raw Materials such as understanding best practice in the market, improving efficiency and overall procurement service to the organisation (such as reducing complexity and consolidating spend). Ensure implementation across the business.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Degree qualified with CIPS or similar qualification.
- Experience in industrial manufacturing process environment, ideally chemicals.
- International experience.
Benefits include: 25 days holiday, Medical, Bonus scheme
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting ABJ3511 on
- Cost Reduction
- Raw Materials
- Supplier Performance